Sam's Camp Minnie Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is not that I do not want to go.  You know how I love our rallies.  But spring is the only time we can get to the east coast and see our grand babies.  I will not miss Quartzite though!!

Smoky said:
It is not that I do not want to go.? You know how I love our rallies.? But spring is the only time we can get to the east coast and see our grand babies.? I will not miss Quartzite though!!

I understand the grand babies thing.  Just hoping you can work a way to join us at Moab.

You know, you could always fly back east to visit with the grandbabies and then fly back to the Moab rally. Grand Junction has several flights daily to Denver and from Denver you can go pretty much anywhere. Or spend the fall back east....gotta love the trees changing color....and still get to Quartzsite before Karl and Bob.

We really do not want to give up our spring routine.  It is only certain times of the year we are on the road and we pick a different route each time.  Spring time is when we do the east coast.  We spend 9 months of the year west of the Mississippi, thus the three spring months are precious.  Next spring, after our grandbaby visit, we are going to try again to visit New England.  Thwarted this past spring by flooding, though we enjoyed the Adirondacks and Niagara Falls.

Minnie Rallies at Sam's Camp resumed again with the arrival of Jeff and Sue Cousins yesterday afternoon.  Had a good dinner here at Sam's Camp yesterday evening and Will be going to the 19 for dinner this evening.  Sounds like Jeff and I will be having Scampie all you can eat tonight.

With remodeling going on in the house Jeff and Sue both pitched in today to help out.  Thanks Jeff and Sue.  Plan to fry a turkey tomorrow and have dinner here at Sam's Camp tomorrow.  Photos will follow in next post.

Ron & I had all you can eat shrimp scampi at 19 tonight. Lewistown is now running low on shrimp!

Jeff Cousins said:
Our wives were starting to make comments. ;)

Wouldn't have stopped Mike when there's shrimp involved. Maybe you should take him along next time to make you look less glutinous :)

The Minnie Rally at Sam's Camp came to an end with the departure of Jeff and Sue yesterday afternoon to continue their trip East.  Attached are photos of the event.

Attachments

• Frying Turkey (Small).jpg
    Frying Turkey (Small).jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Camp Mgr Supervising Setup (Small).jpg
    Camp Mgr Supervising Setup (Small).jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Eat'n Fried Turkey and trimings (Small).jpg
    Eat'n Fried Turkey and trimings (Small).jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 43
Ron & Sam:

We really enjoyed the visit AND the turkey and shrimp.

Thanks again!

The Brinks arrived at Sam's Camp this afternoon for continuing minnie rallys at Sam's Camp.  LAter on in the afternoon we drove North of Town to watch and listen to the Elk.  I didn't try to count the number of elk so hopefully Gary will report on that.  Attached photos were taken this during our Elk viewing adventure.

Attachments

• Sam, Gary,& Nancy.JPG
    Sam, Gary,& Nancy.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 40
  • Just a few Elk.JPG
    Just a few Elk.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Nice Rack.JPG
    Nice Rack.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 38
  • More Elk.JPG
    More Elk.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 41
Great pics  and envious.  Wanted to bring the MH up that way this year but instead bought a couple of Park models here at PEM  and the Boss has had me busy all summer working in this 100+ degree temps slaving away remodeling. YUK  rather be camping.  But it will probably work out best in the long run. A little more room for her good junk and my tools.

Thanks for the photos Ron. Y'all are looking good and having a good time.

I gave up counting the elk after I got to 25 and was maybe  1/4 of the way through the slowly moving herd. As the bulk of the herd drifted a bit to the west, we realized there were many more elk lying down in the deep grass that we had not previously seem among the standing ones.  Had to be well over 100 elk in that herd and every one a sleek, healthy animal!  There were at least two senior bulls with magnificent racks, several more large adult males and a host of junior males, plus innumerable cows and calves.  A really incredible sight to behold!

This afternoon we Will be going out to inspect hay bales getting a little Montana culture.  What=the-Hay. Will post some photos of the hay bales too.

I remember those hay bales from last year.  Quite a sight, post some pictures of the latest creations.  We have quite a collection from last year.

I thought the Governor of MT had outlawed the round bales in favor of square ones. She said the cattle deserved a square meal  ;D  (That's story Joe Darrigo told CJ).

Probably the Reiters and Darrigos are the only ones here that know why we are inspecting the hay bales.  Brinks will fully understand later today. ;D

Back
Top Bottom