Santa's got a dirty job

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
John Rich and Mike Rowe teamed up for this yuletide song that has shot to #1 :confused:

Doesn't sound very yuletide to me, but the proceeds support their respective charities.

Love the bass!
I agree. I'm not really that big a fan of that class of music (I like it just not my first, or 2nd choice, I like all music) But I also like singing the low end of the audio spectrum and that seems to be a staple of that type of singing.. Normally I sing baratone but with practice I do Bass.

This monty every day I do at least one Christmas CD (I've got about 18" stack of 'em) last night it was ...er... Twisted (Bob Rivers Comedy Project CD)

I heard the bass is the Oakridge Boys accompanying the two. Mike Rowe is the most upbeat person in the country since he started his different shows. This song reflects his nature using the season to make a person smile, or at least it does for me.

As a soprano, the number of songs in my range is small. Most solo work is really for altos. Tenors have the same problem - most men’s music is set for baritones. Sigh. I just love singing harmony, but it is seldom something I can do. Occassionally I sing alto just for fun (and to make sure I keep my sight reading skills up), but it isn’t something I can do for a long time. And I miss group singing at Christmas the most!

I loved the song, especially the Oak Ridge Boys singing backup, but the thought did occur to me that since he's a classically trained opera singer, Mike Rowe's voice coach from years ago was probably not that impressed... ;)

As a soprano, the number of songs in my range is small. Most solo work is really for altos. Tenors have the same problem - most men’s music is set for baritones.
I haven't sung soprano since before puberty. Nowadays I struggle to sing baritone :(

I loved the song, especially the Oak Ridge Boys singing backup, but the thought did occur to me that since he's a classically trained opera singer, Mike Rowe's voice coach from years ago was probably not that impressed.
I'm not a singer, but sometimes it's more impressive to see someone show a range of styles and sing in a fashion that's appropriate to the occasion. I don 't think a classical opera voice would have worked there.

Another very impressive performance was Tony Bennett's farewell concert at Radio City Music Hall with his friend Lady Gaga. He is 95 and has advanced Alzheimer's to the point he can't sustain a conversation but as soon as he got onstage he switched on and for an hour gave a full throated performance that would have done proud to someone half his age. Lady Gaga said she met Bennett when he came up to after a charity performance and told her she was a jazz singer, which she never considered. It led to a 10 year collaboration and friendship.

Here's a link to a 60 minute piece about it:

Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga prepare for Bennett's last big concert

I only have one DVD of them, but for classically trained tenors who do country very well indeed, check out the Texas Tenors. Here's Unchained Melody from them:

and here is Rocky Top:

and here they are with a big tree:

I'm not a singer, but sometimes it's more impressive to see someone show a range of styles and sing in a fashion that's appropriate to the occasion. I don 't think a classical opera voice would have worked there.

Another very impressive performance was Tony Bennett's farewell concert at Radio City Music Hall with his friend Lady Gaga. He is 95 and has advanced Alzheimer's to the point he can't sustain a conversation but as soon as he got onstage he switched on and for an hour gave a full throated performance that would have done proud to someone half his age. Lady Gaga said she met Bennett when he came up to after a charity performance and told her she was a jazz singer, which she never considered. It led to a 10 year collaboration and friendship.

Here's a link to a 60 minute piece about it:

Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga prepare for Bennett's last big concert
If you liked the 60 Minutes show, pick up a download or CD of the entire album they did together called “Cheek to Cheek.” It is fabulous!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom