Satalite TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guslovett

Ive been using dish network with the in motion had nationals but now they have dropped this feature has any body got a way to travel and get the network channels ?? can it be don with direct??

If you file the appropriate documents with DirecTV you can get the distant network stations (4 networks from the east and west coasts) in your RV.

We are switching from Dish to Direct to get the distant networks.  Does anyone know--will a dish 'dish' and LBB work on a Direct DVR reciever?  I see where Direct dishes will pull in 110 & 119 sats., whicha re Echostar, but what Sat. does Direct pull from?  I had a buddy tell me that my Dish LNB will work on direct.  Sound right? ???
Mike

If you use sat 119 for your DISH, then there is an alternative company (All American or some such) which can offer you the "Nationals"  Dish, for the time being, can not,  This may change next spring. (Don't know yet)  Long story, and big argument.  Alas, I am on the minority side in the argument so I'd rather not go there in this thread, so, NOTE the use of the word "May" folks. (Implies may not is also an option)

If, like me, you use 110... cause 110 has all the "Special" networks (hallmark, Bio, Science) you want... You are out of luck

I have asked the 3rd party provider about 110 service but so far no replay.  Understandable as those poor folks have thousands of applications to process all of a sudden

DirecTV has the majority of its programming on the 101 satellite, the only programming on the others is HD and local spot beamed channels.  To receive all 3 satellites requires a different, elliptical, dish and 3 LNBs.  The same round 18" dish is used if all you need is the 101 progarmming and I believe the LNBs are the same as Dish.

We sort of circumvented the Dish Network system. Since Denver networks are not spot beamed we are using a friends address in the Denver area as our address. We switch our account to their address & went to a paperless account. We did not tell Dish  we have the receiver in the MH  as far as they know it is at our friends address also the phone # on our account is our Cell #.
We have been able to get all the Denver networks & local channels all over the west & as far east as Pittsburgh, PA.
My Guess is that anyone using Denver, Los Angles, Chicago, Atlanta, New York as their Account address could get the local & Network stations where ever they travel. You just don't tell Dish you are using it in the RV.
Mike

From my understanding, you are still able to file a request (waiver) with Dish (not just with Direct) to acquire the Denver feed.

You don't need a waiver to receive the Denver stations, you just need a service address in the Denver served area.  The "waiver" was for the distant network stations which are no longer available from Dish Network.

Rockcreek73 said:
We are switching from Dish to Direct to get the distant networks.  Does anyone know--will a dish 'dish' and LBB work on a Direct DVR reciever?  I see where Direct dishes will pull in 110 & 119 sats., whicha re Echostar, but what Sat. does Direct pull from?  I had a buddy tell me that my Dish LNB will work on direct.  Sound right? ???
Mike

The LNB will work fine. I switched from Dish to Direct several years ago but continued to use the same dish. Caused some problems with those trying to set up their Dish receiver when I was aimed at Direct since the label on the unit said "Dish". ;D

Jim Dick said:
The LNB will work fine. I switched from Dish to Direct several years ago but continued to use the same dish. Caused some problems with those trying to set up their Dish receiver when I was aimed at Direct since the label on the unit said "Dish". ;D

Gee Jim I didn't realize you were a trouble maker. ;D ;D ;D ;)

Ron,

Not a trouble maker, just one that enjoys a little levity watching people scratch their heads. ;D Usually I'd wait a couple of minutes and then inform them that "it ain't gonna work".

Thanks Guys!  I didn't think I needed to switch LNB's.  Not into the HD yet, and don't want the locals out here in NE Montana.  All we get up here is North Dakota, no "local" news nayway.  I, too, am doing some "circumventing"!  Like that phrase!  Have 2 locations plus the MoHo that need to be 'sparked' with Direct, and the installer won't sell me another dish/LNB for DTV.  Sooo, we'll just use the old one! ;D
Mike

Karl:
    Ya, can you believe it?  Local Tele company,and they are  new to all this.  But we all know that when you call these Sat companies, you get a different answer every time.  When I signed up for all the "free installation" stuff, I told them I had RV and needed the waiver.  They said DTV told them I didn't need it!!  Ok, now I want a dish for my Trypod for the RV (actually wanted it for 2nd home), "No, they (DTV) won't send us one.  Only get one dish per install".  Ok, that's when I get to wondering, and checking, do I really need a different dish/LNB.  I'm not going to buy one for 2nd home,(have Dish mounted, just need to realign)  and KVH on the coach is ok for either Dish or DTV, so I do believe I now know more than the local tele company who is installing them!  Or they are playing me, whatever :p

Oh it gets better,  I asked for a dish for some testing purposes (I paid for my Motosat Dome) and they would not give me one (The dealer loaned me one) even tought I'm entitled to a dish for my installation.

By the way if anyone needs a tripod type dish, I have a few I can spare one or two when we get to QZ

When I switched to Direct I told them I wanted three dishes, one for my shed in Yuma one for my tripod and one for my house in Ca. They said no problem just gave them to me in place of my ordering a DVR, So I now have three coax cables coming from my dish on my shed, one to the front tv in the coach, one to the rear coach tv and one to my screen room tv. I took my old dish 500 dish and just used one of the duel LNBs and put it on my tripod and it works just fine. That leaves me one direct dish with a duel LNB to use to replace the single LNB on the roof mount dish on the coach. At least that makes sense to me.  ???

Jerry R

John

One of them isn't the Dish that allows 2 receivers to be connected and both can get the 110 and 119 satellites??  If it is, I want it!  VBG

James Godward said:
John

One of them isn't the Dish that allows 2 receivers to be connected and both can get the 110 and 119 satellites??  If it is, I want it!  VBG

Yes and no, one is the dual head oval dish, it's not one of the ones for sale thoug  Cause I want it too

James Godward said:
John

Jim,

I have a dishpro dish with the duel head if you want it you can have it either in Yuma or I can bring it to Q/Z. I Also have two dish 301 receivers for sale with the yellow cards,  Make an offer.

Jerry

Back
Top Bottom