Savannah, GA campgrounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elkhartjim

I did a search and found that most info was out dated.  Any rv'ers been to Savannah recently.  Thanks

We were there last month and stayed at Whispering Pines RV Park, Rincon, GA.  What would you like to know?  What info did you find that was outdated?

We stayed at  River's End Campground & RV Park on Tybee Island a couple of years ago and it was very nice. Tybee Island is just outside of Savannah.

We have stayed at Savannah Oaks many times but they were kind of expensive. They were cheaper under their previous name.

Wayne

We stayed at River's End on Tybee 2weeks ago.  Very nice and a short drive to Savannah.  I would not stay there for only one night though.  You have to drive through Savannah to get to Tybee Island.  Traffic in town was not too bad.    Bill

We stayed at the Skidaway Island State Park about 3 weeks ago.  Beautiful wooded long pull-through sites with 50 Amp service available. Water and electric only.  Good dump station. Not satellite friendly.  $25 with Sr. discount.

About 15 minutes to downtown Savannah via a 4 lane expressway.

Here's a link: http://www.gastateparks.org/info/skidaway/

Have fun!

Don Nesbitt
Cary, NC

I have to second the Skidaway Island recommendation.  It also has some beautiful hiking trails and is very peaceful - a great place for a retreat away from it all.  The sites are enormous and have a well-groomed eating area with picnic tables and fire pits.

-Dave

The wife and I are heading to Savannah for Christmas. We've have booked a site at Skidaway. We found great reviews of the site online. We'll have the Beemer packed so we're hoping that the weather will be a good deal warmer than it is up here in Jersey.

This will be out first RV vacation. We took the advise of some people more knowledgeable than us and spent our first night out right in our driveway. That was great advise as there were things we needed and it was a short walk to gather them up.

We'll be there from the 26th to the 31st

Don

Cold we can do, snow we don't care for. We rode back from a 3 day trip through West Virginia and Ohio in 27 degree weather.

Come to think of it, that may have been when we discussed purchasing the RV  ;D

Thanks,
Don

stayed at fort mcallister state park near richmond hill. was about 20 mi from Savannah, but most was interstate. very nice. quiet and all hookups, including 50amp. rest rooms very clean. had nice boat launch. about $20 per night. was there in aug 08 for about 1 wk.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flying B
Back
Top Bottom