Scooter/Mobility chair Hauler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fleetwood1790

We just started RVing and would like to know if anyone has any type of scooter carrier that goes on the hitch? I was looking at the Versahauler carrier, does anyone have any experience with these? Thanks

My son is in a power wheelchair. I bought a Tilt-a-Rack ATV carrier. I could carry BOTH of his chairs (up to 500 lbs)! The one drawback from that was it's weight. On my Chevy Astro it was HEAVY! On a Class A it works great!. I also bought another, smaller one for the van. Both fold up and have a ramp for loading.

Hi, Just read your post. My wife and I have just started to RV and we recently purchased a Tilt-A-Rack from the Scooter Warehouse in our area. It easily fits the hitch on our 23' '82 Shasta "Voyager". we have used it but you will most likely need to purchase an optional height adjuster which will raise it higher to prevent it from bottoming out. Here is a webpage you can see the carrier.

titl-a-rack.

As it states
Note. All of our racks fit only to a 2" hitch receiver. Some smaller vehicles are fitted with a Class II hitch (1 1/4" square reciver) - for these vehicles with a receiver height lower than about 12" from the ground you can order the height adjuster model # 08HA2 for Class II receivers - see Accessories - this will acheive both the conversion to Class III and provide a 4" lift to the rack.

I know the height adjuster runs about $75.00 as we had to purchase one for both our car and the motorhome. Good luck.

Roman

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g-man911
Back
Top Bottom