Sealing Hole in Roof

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whispfeath

We are getting our rv ready to hit the road in the next week or so, and I've been trying to figure out how to seal up, for now, a hole where the previous tv cable hookup went through the roof.  When the previous owner took off from his house with the rv to deliver it to us, he forgot to unhook the cable from his house, and you can imagive what happened there.

Anyhow, I have remnants of the old fitting that used to be there, but I'm not thinking it' will be enough to seal the hole. 

So, what would be the best method to seal a "hole" in the roof thats about 3" or so in diameter?  I'm thinking regular roofing material won't do it, but would a roofing repair kit be suitable?  Or is there some sort of plug out there?

A fast and simple patch is to put some Eternabond tape over it. Several years ago a huge tree limb fell right through the roof of my metal storage building, punching a hole about 8 inches in diameter. As a temporary fix I layered strips of Eternabond over it in rows like shingles and its still there seven years later, not leaking a drop.

The RV roof repair kits in stores are likely to be expensively packaged Eternabond or equivalent.

Thanks for the quick reply--sounds like that stuff works wonders!  It's reassuring to know you've used it and it's held up.

It's great stuff! Quite a few people here use it to seal seams or tears. I bought a big roll but usually carry only a two foot long  strip in the coach, just to have something for emergency repairs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom