Securing items in cabinets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donuts

We are loading our new 5th and would like to know any ideas on how you secure the items in the cabinets so they don't jump all over the place as we are driving down the road. Thank you for your ideas.  :eek:

Stan

Someone posted on here that they use pool noodles. We just roll up a bath towel and stuff it into a cabinet as needed.

The crock pot travels inside the microwave, wrapped in a small blanket to keep it snug.

We do have the spring loaded bars in a couple of cabinets but for the most part stuff stays put. Just remember to load the heavy and/or fragile stuff as low as possible and always open the upper cabients slowly the first time!  :eek:

Packing rules:
Pack tight.
Pack low
Use anti slip fabric between/under items that you don't want to rub other items (paper or napkins can be used also)
Plus all previous suggestions.

Don't let breakables clang together. We typically don't have much glass or ceramic on board, but do need real coffee cups to drink from. I make sure to keep them apart..

We use ball bungies tied between cabinet door handles to keep the cabinet doors closed while traveling.  We had an issue once that was pretty bad.  No troubles since using this method.  We also use the non-skid shelf liners and pack glasses in paper bags and lay them down.  Most stuff travels well, even traveling along I10 in LA.  As long as the cabinets don't open you will be fine.

Thanks to everyone for the ideas. The nonskid shelf liners and ball bungees should work well. Common sense, the wine and liqour in cab and all is good. Thanks again for your help. Off to Bodega Bay for our first trip this Tuesday.

Stan

Like myself I got mostly plastic and metal for kitchenware. The only thing I got that is glass is the electric coffee maker and it pack back in it original box. As for things rolling around no problems here I typically do travel faster than 55-60 MPH because of the limitation of the ST tires so it very very rare to see anything moved. What usually does make things move is steep driveways and a rocking motion.

We had some of the corrugated plastic you use for a patio roof left over. My DW spotted it and had an idea!
She slid it in the cabinets behind the front frame of the doors. Nothing comes out no matter how it shifts.
This works in the cabinets with 2 or more doors. Single cabinets we use the spring loaded bars.

Correll and mostly plastic glasses; cocktail glasses in refrigerator freezer. Otherwise no special attention to packing.

Ernie

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reggiejay1591
Back
Top Bottom