Seems the USPO is getting worse and worse every day now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never had a problem with our service.  Tracking,delivery,shipping all go well.  This is about the time of year when our carrier probably hates us but she is great. 

There is a move afoot to speed delivery:

Attachments

• 4D8252E5-4286-4D42-BED9-1C8EBA4CA706.jpeg
    4D8252E5-4286-4D42-BED9-1C8EBA4CA706.jpeg
    301.4 KB · Views: 26
  Like having to chase the postman 1/2 a mile to get your kindle from his truck, the one that showed delivered and was sitting beside him. Yet he said he didn't have it!!! Chased his butt down and got my package !!
  Worse as in calling the postmasters number 15 times with no answer yet called a post office in Ohio and had them ring the same number. They picked up the first ring !!There is no where to complain to if they dont answer the phone and filing a complaint, well, its been three years and no answer yet.

If you think our postal service is bad, you ought to mail things to/from other countries.  Our Argentine associates always said to mail two copies of letters on different days and, with luck, they might get one of them delivered.  We lost more packages with Canada Post than all other countries combined.

Actually, we've done quite well with the USPS.  Our people are friendly and pleasant, whether delivering or at the post office.  The thing I find irritating is when the sender combines it with something called Smart Post.  One time we had a package in town for three days before we saw it!  I knew it because of tracking which I think is pretty good, considering the volume of mail.

Getting rid of junk mail is problematic but that's mostly because the companies don't parse their mailing lists.  I have next to me a catalog addressed to my mother who died in 2004!  A mere 15 years ago!!  Also, someone along the way didn't like my name or gender so I'm getting all kinds of stuff - including address labels - addressed to MR. Andre Fitzgerald.  I'm not Andre and I'm sure as heck not a Mr.!  The USPS really can't do anything about that because the mail address label people provide unverified lists to their clients.  Sigh...

ArdraF

Ardra and Pugapooh - I made a huge mistake a few years ago. I donated $20 to the Audubon Society. Less than two weeks later AS sent me a request to update my subscription since it would be running out soon (yeah, like in 50 weeks). And they kept sending me crap at about every two weeks. Magazines, newsletters, etc. But after about a month they started selling my name and address to every green organization in the world. Save the owls, save the whales, save the ducks, etc etc etc. And none of them were cheap little letters. Most came in very large envelopes full of crap I would never use, like return mail labels with my name and address printed on them, calendars, magazines, etc. Always done on heavy paper with beautiful full color photos of what ever they were trying to save. And of course the cover letter made it sound like my money would provide safety and sanctuary for their dying animals. But every single one of them included a return mail envelope with return postage to be paid by the green group who sent it. So I came up with a brilliant plan. I would fold the contents of the mailing up and stuff it into the return envelope and mail it back to them. After about (I just watched Canadian Bacon last night and when I was composing this I heard abooot) four months all the green junk mail stopped.

Pugapooh said:
ArdraF,I'm still getting charity solicitations for my mother,going on 6 Years now.  I guess they will never give up?
Filling out the attached does help, But like SeilerBird, I mail it back, and if it does not have a envelope, I simply write Deceased, return to sender, throw it in the Blue Box.

https://www.usps.com/manage/mail-for-deceased.htm

Dragginourbedaround said:
;D ;D ;DI'm going to try that!
I used to do the same thing. If you put a tongue depressor in the envelope, they would have to pay an additional rigid mail fee.

They since have stopped sending return envelopes. They just have a number to contact their customer service (which usually just ignores your do not contact request) or an opt out phone number which goes to Equifax Credit Bureau. Apparently we can't get a loan without selling our contact information anymore.

My experience with USPS and their tracking system has been erratic, at times it has been timely and helpful, while at other times, perhaps more so, poor and late.  On several occasions when expecting a package via USPS at previous RV Resorts who called me when a package was received, I noticed in the USPS tracking packages were delivered, yet they had not actually been delivered.  One of the staff mentioned it was not uncommon for USPS to report the package delivered well before it actually was.

We were getting junk mail at our post box. I write "Return to Sender" on  all of it and put it in the mailbox. Most of it stopped.

National Geographic was this year's main culprit and I love what they do  but did the same with their mail as it is wasting valuable resources and money.

Gizmo said:
My experience with USPS and their tracking system has been erratic, at times it has been timely and helpful, while at other times, perhaps more so, poor and late.  On several occasions when expecting a package via USPS at previous RV Resorts who called me when a package was received, I noticed in the USPS tracking packages were delivered, yet they had not actually been delivered.  One of the staff mentioned it was not uncommon for USPS to report the package delivered well before it actually was.
They do that a lot at my work. They have a ton of mail coming in with 800 employees, so they mark it as delivered when it gets put into a box and it will be delivered later that day.

We had Amazon packages marked as delivered at an RV Park and the lady told me that often happens. The parcel is delivered next day!

I know one of the things that has happened in the past, but I thought had been fixed was when the USPS was used for "last mile" service the carrier that brought the parcels to the USPS would scan the parcels as "delivered" when they were dropped off at the post office even though the USPS carriers had already left on their routes for the day, so the parcels would not be delivered until the next day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tensch
Back
Top Bottom