Selling RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YofiHD

Hello! I’m new to this forum and hoping some experienced RVers can give me some advice. We’re looking to sell our 25’ Renegade Vienna (2016). We have listed with RVTrader.com and put a sign in the window. So far, no interest despite everyone telling us it’s a “hot market.” Any suggestions?

Are you over priced? Check around to see what the going prices are. I’m from NH and it’s nearly impossible to sell a rv in the winter because people don’t want to invest a lot of money just to have it sit in the backyard for 7/8 months. Are you in that situation?

Typically not the best season to be selling an RV. It seems you are from San Diego, that might rule out Midwest and East buyers, just from a logistics point of view. Have you also put it in Craigslist, Facebook, and any other local selling tool?

As mentioned, this is not the best time of the year to sell an RV. Fall or spring are the busiest for that.

Sounds like the San Diego are market isn't so hot right now. And it's a long way from where RVs are selling this time of year, e.g. Florida, South Texas and Arizona.

You are in a relatively high price bracket, so traffic is going to be lower. If you don't want to wait for a buyer to find you, consider a consignment agent such as PPL Motorhomes in Texas. They move a lot of RVs and get good sales traffic in the winter. Of course, you would have to drive it over there.

As mentioned, location and time of year are against you, also we don't know what your ad looks like, it really pays to have several good photos, and to clean and stage the coach before taking photos. People want to see neat and tidy in photos, not unmade beds, and counter tops covered in junk, they also want lots of photos, the more the better. To add to matters I have heard that California is not tax friendly to out of state buyers, another reason to consider listing with a consignment seller in AZ, TX, etc. A while back PPL in Texas was offering free nationwide pick up of qualifying coaches due to the market being so hot and their inventory being so low, I don't know if they are still doing that.

Well, several are on the market in the So Cal region, and a few have sold, recently.
So, perhaps you're being impatient.
Patience is the key to selling.
It's kind of like fishing.
Set the bait, Toss it in, relax and wait for the bite.

You had it listed only for a week? You did not say.
Use craigslist org this time of year as it is free, and people love how easy it is to use that site unlike the one you are using which is so bad I gave up and have never been back...
It could take a month before you hear the first inquiry. Bad bad time of year.
I have always sold on craigslist but it typically takes 1-3 months.
Smaller items I sell there could take 6 months because it lends itself to in-person purchases as there is no safe-guard for online buying.
FB is the best option to sell, it will get the most traffic. If you have an account that is, I dont recommend getting roped into FB otherwise.

Wow! Thanks everyone for some great advice! I haven’t tried Craig’s list or FB out of concern for security but it sounds like it’s a common forum for selling. Agree that timing is not the best, too! I appreciate the overwhelming response!

Back
Top Bottom