Setting up Starlink Internet for the RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are at 6000+ elevation here in Show Low. We have had degraded performance during the worst storms, but have not lost signal completely. Tomorrow we head to Phoenix, so nothing much there but heat.

I know this thread is a few months old but I wanted to add that I was just on the StarLink site and the RV tab says the In-Motion use version is now available, although the units are backordered 2-3 weeks. The catch is the In-Motion antenna has a $2,500 price tag rather than the $599 of the stationary antenna. Out the door price is $2,738.07 after tax, shipping and first months service, obviously will vary slightly depending on sales tax in your area. Same price as regular RV service. I'm going to get the stationary model, since my travel trailer can't really be used while in motion anyway.

I know this thread is a few months old but I wanted to add that I was just on the StarLink site and the RV tab says the In-Motion use version is now available, although the units are backordered 2-3 weeks. The catch is the In-Motion antenna has a $2,500 price tag rather than the $599 of the stationary antenna. Out the door price is $2,738.07 after tax, shipping and first months service, obviously will vary slightly depending on sales tax in your area. Same price as regular RV service. I'm going to get the stationary model, since my travel trailer can't really be used while in motion anyway.

Exactly.

There is nothing to prevent a hybrid solution, however. Take a cell carrier's best plan for while you are actually traveling on the road, and then use starlink when you are parked.

In addition, we Boondock a fair bit, and leave the trailer in place when we go into town to buy groceries or do the wash. Better to have a cell plan for those times.

If you get the roam SL and the router is in the RV and parked at the house, is the range of the router sufficient to pick up the signal in the house?

If you get the roam SL and the router is in the RV and parked at the house, is the range of the router sufficient to pick up the signal in the house?
Yes
I have an WiFi extender in the house physically connected to our house network, receiving the signal from the SL router in the RV, parked about 40 feet from the house.

I have done it just the opposite, the router in the house and picked up signal in the RV. There is one wall and a window from where the router is located, and the distance it about 100'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skinldy71
Back
Top Bottom