Shortstop 30 amp fuse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maddjoesbbq

I have a 2005 Spingdale/Keystone 5th wheel. The Shortstop fuse (located on next to battery) broke. Can I replace that with a simple 30 amp fuse. Thanks, Joe in Minnesota

The Shortstop is actually more like a circuit breaker than a fuse - it will reset itself after cooling down and so is reusable after an overload or  short causes it to open. Other than  that, there is nothing unique about it and it can indeed be replaced with a standard fuse that permanently blows is overloaded.  However, if the circuit is one that is prone to overloads, you may need to keep a lot of fuses on hand.  ???

A better solution would be some other brand of 12v circuit breaker, which should be readily available in auto parts stores.

Thanks so much for the replies! It is actually a little circut breaker and I broke it when I was changing the battery. The positive cable from the battery connects directly to it and I was pushing the cable out of the way to remove/replace the battery and it caused the ceramic face to crack/break.

This all happened last Friday 20 minutes before leaving for a weekend camping trip where I needed my battery/power to run the furnace. I wired in a 30 amp fuse as a quick fix but thanks to the info/website (wiringproducts) I was able to locate a replacement breaker for 5.00.

Thanks again! Joe in Minnesota 

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claassen
Back
Top Bottom