Shower door repair 3 panel sliding door

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SMR

Hi. One of the guide wheels fell off the shower door and another is loose. Looks like I will need to remove the top track and the doors to make the repair.
Any tips on taking out the door and top track

Attachments

• shower.jpg
    shower.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 53
Your picture is sideways.

Most doors like that that I've seen just lift then come out, but some may have other mechanisms -- I don't know yours.

Mine has a little slot cut out of the top track and a small cap covering it. The cap has 1 screw holding it in.
Maybe yours has one also.
My top track only has a few screws holding it in place.

Fixed the door issue yesterday. Cleaned off the caulk on the top track, removed screws on each side and lifted the track out along with the doors.
It was heavy so DW spotted me. Separated the doors and took off each roller one at a time and used loctite on the screws.
Put the doors back together as they attach to each other.
Slide the top track back on and put doors and track back in place. DW cleaned the doors and tracks first. Screws back in and recalled. 

So I’m having problems with my Tri slide series glass doors in my camper, the wheels have fallen out on one of them I assume I have to take the top rail off but do they come off the track one at a time or do I have to take doors out all together? And where do I get the wheels and screws are they special order from dealer?

Most sliding shower doors you have to pick up on the door and either hook the wheels in the track or lift them out of their track.

Welcome to the forum. I’ve got a request. From now on please start a new thread whenever you have a question. It saves us from reading an entire post just to get to your question. Thanks.
Please ask as many question that you want. We love trying to help people. Also it would help if you would create a signature of yourself telling us a little bit about you. It will save us from asking all the time what you have for a rv.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjay
Back
Top Bottom