shower water pressure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maggierick

We recently purchased a new 2005 Cardinal Fifth Wheel 30LE and have had problems with the water pressure.  We took the water filter off the unit and the kitchen and lavatory pressure are fine now BUT the shower is AWFUL.. No pressure what so ever.....has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
Maggie and Rick

Very likely the shower head is clogged with mineral deposits.  Soak it in a vinegar and water solution and see if that helps.  If not, then you may have pinched water line, or the faucets may be restricted with minerals too.  Shut the water off before disassembling the faucet :)

maggierick said:
We recently purchased a new 2005 Cardinal Fifth Wheel 30LE and have had problems with the water pressure.? We took the water filter off the unit and the kitchen and lavatory pressure are fine now BUT the shower is AWFUL.. No pressure what so ever.....has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
Maggie and Rick

Even tho it's a new unit -- the lines may have some factory introduced junk in them. I just installed a new water pump and could not believe the stuff I found. I would first just unscrew the shower head from the shower head line -- and test the pressure without it. If OK w/o the shower head -- then either buy a new one or disassemble the after part -- as that's where the filter usually hides. If the pressure is still low, unscrew the plastic line going to the shower head -- and so forth. The next stop would be the faucets.

BTW, if it's a new unit, why not return it to the dealer and have them fix it?

I missed that it was a new unit, so mineral deposits are probably not the probem.  As Bob suggests, let the dealer fix it.

Barb said:
Check to make sure the water saver on the shower head is not on.

Barb

Not a problem in our MH but in our house,,, I recently had the bathroom partially re-done, including the old leaky shower replaced with a brand new one.

Even though I am 100% sure I had good pressure the flow through the shower head reminded me of the old days when the house had a clear case of "hardening of the arteries" (I wound up replacing about 12 feet of very clogged pipe with one a size larger and clear... Suddenly we had full pressure full time and can even shower and do laundry at the same time)

Removed the water saver and suddenly the shower worked as advertised

My WW had a "water saver" at the base of the shower sprayer.  It initially didn't have enough pressure to spray up, it just leaked over the sides.  I drilled all three holes out about 3 bit sizes (probably only and additional 1/16 of an inch, maybe 1/8).  That did the trick.  Just remember, it's easier to start small and make them bigger then it is to find another one.  It only took a few minutes to drill, test, drill, test and finish.  The sprayer on mine just unscrews...

Back
Top Bottom