Sirus radio in my Journey appears to be failing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Boris and Natasha said:
Back to the problem, an option that was never presented to us, but probably would have been worth exploring is simply removing the "plug and play". We've never taken it out of the docking station to use in the Jeep, so we're not really using that feature, anyway. The in-dash radio is Sirius-ready on its own. So, we're wondering what would happen if the plug-and-play was unplugged. Couldn't a person wire the antenna to the in-dash radio and be back in business?

That is an interesting question, which I will explore.  I am having the same problems that you experienced and have been wondering what I could do about it.  I will give this a try and see what happens. Our Sirus had quit working all together now, so I have nothing to lose. 

Wanted to update the resolution to this thread. I called Sirius about the problem with the radio. The problem is that the subscription elapsed (long story) and now the current radio that was installed in my 2010 MH is now OBSOLETE. Yep, one and half years and the factory radio is now obsolete. I had a "Stratus 5" and the new radio is the "Stratus 6". The Stratus 5 that I have now is not capable of being updated.

Here is the funny part. I could buy the new radio for about $75 which I didn't think was so bad. But get this, because I am out of contract, I can get the same radio for $19. I all I have to do is promise to sign up for Sirius for at least 3 months. Interesting, why would I buy a new Sirius radio WITHOUT a subscription??  I am having the new radio delivered...........

Yeah, they gave me a line that due to software upgrades that my current radio wouldn't update. Since my current radio is broken, I didn't argue about it. I will just get a new one and get back the tunes for less than $20. 

And we just spent time and money having the docking station replaced for our older-than-yours Stratus? Hmmm.

Well, it sounds like you found a great solution for considerably less. Good on ya, mate!

Sarge, I think they call that "Customer Retention". They like your money!!! LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tensch
Back
Top Bottom