Sleep number bed??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rollie

I know some of you have the sleep number bed and love it ... my question is about the pump.  I looks as if it is separate from the bed ... where do you put it?  What do you have to do to install the bed?  Are there any issues with the wires and the connection to the pump?  I have seen a company called Bear Beds and they have the pump built in to the side of the mattress ... have any of you heard of this company? 

Pump goes under the bed and connects to the airbags via a couple of hoses. The air bags are placed inside a foam surround and under the cover/top. Hook up the hoses, zip up the top, plug the pump into a receptacle and select your number on the remote.

The clone we have in the coach is pretty much the same, except I had to extend one of the hoses. The pump on the clone is much louder than the SN we have at home.

KodiakRV said:
Does the pump have to run occasionally in the night to keep the pressure up?

It shouldn't unless you have a leak :)  I think all the air mattresses are alike in that the pump isn't automatic, but is controlled by the user.  If you get a leak, you'll be sleeping on plywood in the morning.

Tom said:
The pump on the clone is much louder than the SN we have at home.

Last night I remembered one disadvantage of that noisy clone pump .....

If we know we're going to be driving to higher elevations I let air out of the bags (aka bladders). I usually forget to re-inflate them until I'm about to climb into bed and, since I usually go to bed late, I won't run that noisy pump and wake everyone in the campground. You'd think I'd remember after having to sleep on the sofa so many times.

I need to add air to the SN have at home about every 2 weeks.  I sleep on a pretty hard setting (70-80) and it seems to bleed itself down slowly but never below about 50 even when I was gone for a month.

Very quiet pump as noted and handles half of a king matress in a couple of minutes.

We have two nights on our new SN and my side seems to slowly drop down from 60 to 55 or 50 by morning??? I am not sure I understand the remote controller on the 5000 as if I wake up my side nothing happens if I leave it at 60 but if I run it quickly up to 65 and down to 60 it will pump for 25-30 seconds in the morning.

Am still experimenting.

I have decided to buy an air bed ... now I am trying to decide if I should go with the brand name or a Bearbed.  The Bearbed has the pump built into the side so you don't need to have a pump under the bed but it does not have a digital readout.  It is a couple of hundred less ... but will it be around if there is a problem?  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

We've had a Comfortaire air mattress for 10 years and have been very pleased with it.  There is no fancy digital readout, we just lay on the bed and inflate/deflate until we're comfortable.  It does have a stand alone pump, but we rarely change the pressure unless we have made a significant change in altitude.

The rare occasion we've needed service the company responded quickly with the necessary replacements.  We broke the pump and they replaced it at no charge, and when on air bag started leaking due to a hole, it was also replaced, no charge.  The warranty was full replacement for the first 5 years, then prorated up to 20 years, I believe.

After 4 nights of a leaking mattress (my side) on our new SN bed I am taking the bed apart to start troubleshooting the leak. :mad:

Definitely something wrong there Jeff. I might adjust our SN at home every few months.

Some folks we know report that their SN loses pressure every time AC power goes off.  That happens fairly often in the campground they are currently at, and of course when they unplug for travel. It seems to me that must mean the pump is running all the time to keep pressure up, i.e. they have a leak. Does anyone else have this problem??

Gary,

Our SN pump only runs when I occasionally increase the pressure. I have to agree that a continuously running pump suggests a leak.

We purchased a SN 5000 with a wireless remote that does not maintain pressure. To change the pressure  you have to select your side of the bed with the remote and then change the SN setting to activate the pump.

Jeff,

That's the way our wired remote works.

BTW if you'd paid that extra $50, maybe they would have sent you one without a leak  ???

Tom said:
Jeff,

That's the way our wired remote works.

BTW if you'd paid that extra $50, maybe they would have sent you one without a leak  ???

Tom:

Now you tell me! ;D ;D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skinldy71
Back
Top Bottom