Slide-out gasket/weatherstrip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jesheba

I recently purchased a "99" fifth wheel with two slideouts.Upon recent inspection from the roof with the slideouts in the out position I noticed a piece of the weatherstriping/gasket torn loose from the center area on both slideouts.It appears the previous owners attempted to repair the loose pieces with duct tape.The tape has since disintegrated leaving the pieces loose again.It does not appear to be something one can repair successfully.The stripping appears to be held in place by rivets as I look from the outside but possibly this is not the case when I examine it from within the unit when the slideout are retracted.Access from within looks difficult.So far no leaks but I would like to remedy the problem.Do I have to see a dealer/repair center or is there a way for me to make it right myself?

Don't know what model RV you have but our slideout gaskets are attached with a double backed glue that is attached when National RV sends them out. They are fairly easy to replace, it takes more time to clean up the old than install the new.

If you can't see a way to get at it to do it yourself, you are probably stuck with a dealer service center.  Some give crappy service and some are decent - hard to guess which it will be. Perhaps if you mentioned your area, somebody could recommend a place.

Camping World stores aren't too bad for repairs. They are image conscious and you can usually get them to remedy things if you aren't satisfied with the work.

Should you be lucky enough to live near an RV Salvage  yard as listed in the Library, most of the yards have connections with Repair shops and indiviuals that do that type of work.  I 've talked to a few of the yards that have recommended different individuals.  Worth a try.

jesheba, Check out  all-rite.com/foamrubberseals.html    I think you will find what you are looking for.

Earl

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom