Slide out plugs not working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeffbrown

I dont know if I should put this in Class A or in Remodeling or somewhere else? Sorry folks!
I have a 2003 Southwind 35R on Workhorse Chassis. All of the 120 plugs work on generator or plugged in except for the ones that are located in the front and rear slideouts.

The bathroom and kitchen work fine, it does not seem to be GFCI related, but I did reset that anyway.

There seems to be a single 120 plug in each slide-out (front and rear) and all other 120 electrical seems to work fine. I'd love any feedback that any of you might have as I'm kind of drawing a blank. In the next few days I am planning to take these two plugs out and replace them, and possibly the GFI while I'm at it. I'm not hopeful that will solve the problem but It's something.

If any of you have seen something similar I'd love to hear your feedback!

Thanks,
Jeff Brown

Long shot but... They aren't "switched" are they? Like when you enter a living room and a light switch turns on a floor lamp? Do you have a light switch anywhere that doesn't do anything?

Jay,
Thanks for the reply.
I dont think so. I dont have any switches that I'm not sure what they do. Neither of these plugs (one under the dinette and one next to the bed) seem to be in places you would want a switched outlet.

It was a long shot but it's all I had.

It's strange that they have both gone out and they are at different ends.

Someone with more knowledge may be able to help, are slideout outlets turned off when the slide retracts?

I wonder if there is some disconnect relay/circuit that has failed.

I had a similar thing happen. A bundle of wires got 'munched' in the slide mechanism.

There was a spring that was supposed to pull the wires out of the way but it broke. Cabinets had to be removed to expose the wires.

I would look for and seating or storage that you may have pack stuff into and knock of a box for wiring. Don't ask me how I know may wife say so LOL.

Crawford,
Thanks for the reply!
Sort of makes sense for the one under the dinette. Is the bedroom slide plug run in series with the front slide?

What type of slide.. IN my Rig the ACCUSLIDES there was a box under the bed. You had to do a major dissassembly of the bed to access it. and a flexible (or so it was supposed to be) cable from there.. I think the 120 volts on mine were fixed however on the bed (only 12 volt slid) TV/Wardroab the box was on top. same configurartion and it was 120 volt.
On the main slide there was a "Bent arm" (V shaped) under the slide with a box at each end.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom