Slide out problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

azbeachboy

What a great forum you have!
On my last trip to Mexico my slide out wouldn't come in. I took the switch off the wall to make sure it was connected. When I tried to bring it in the second time the switch caught fire out side of the wall. If it had still been in the wall I'm sure my trailer woud of burnt down. I ran out side and disconnected the battery. It was a almost new five pin rocker switch. I've always had problems with the slide coming in. Sometimes we have to push it in. The slide is twelve feet long. The trailer lives in Mexico. I have two slides and have never had a problem with the small bedroom slide. Can I buy a bigger motor for the slide? Any ideas would help. I'm going back over Labor Day weekend.
Thanks for the help!
Chuck

Chuck, you didn't say who built your RV, or what type it is.  Fleetwood did have a problem with motor size on several of their units.  The motor problem was with a Power Gear built slide motor.  A larger motor was required to move the slide properly.  If yours is a Fleetwood, check with their Tech Support.  In any event, it does sound like your motor is undersize for the load.

Rex

My fifth wheel is a elite special edition. I got it from late father and the model year 2004. Some times the slide works and some times it doesn't. The fire really freaked me out. If the switch had still been in the wall....
Thanks
Chuck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom