Soap Making

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gthomp

My wife makes all natural soaps and lip balms - she sells them and makes just enough to support her hobby (and buy a cappuccino). As we haven't begun full-timing yet  (we will be jumping into that in a couple of weeks) I'm not sure how well it will work in an RV. She will likely do most of the work outside the trailer because of the gasses put out from the Lye. I just hope we have enough room for the gallons of oil she uses to make them.

You may need a trailer for your trailer. :)  What kind of tow vehicle do/will you have?  If you have not acquired one yet, you might consider a heavy duty truck so you could put her soap making stuff in the bed and not overload the TT.

If you were thinking of purchasing a 5th wheel I'd suggest getting a toy hauler style and putting all the gear in the back, maybe with an exhaust fan, windows to open, outside door.  However depending on the weight of the oil, that might not be suitable for the back of the trailer.

Oh we'll be loaded to the teeth that's for sure!  I'm looking for a TT because I need the space in my truck bed (long bed). Keeping a close watch on the weights and distributions. TV is an F250 460ci. Guzzles gas but will tow a house - in fact that is exactly what it will be towing.  I looked into toyhaulers, but they seem pricey to me.

Back
Top Bottom