SoftStart.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the doc

I'm having problems with my trailer AC and I just bought a new Westinghouse 4500 and when I go to turn on the AC my LED 4500 Lumen lights go out and then after me AC comes on the lights come back on. My Predator 3500 doesn't have this problem. Also with my AC and lights on and when I go to start my air compressor the 4500 over loads and shuts down. The Predator with run all 3 but its on the verge of overload so I shut down the air compressor. I can't believe that my 3500 will work better then the 4500. Its a thousand watts more. I don't get it. Oh, when the AC comes on with the 3500 the rpms barely change. The 4500 goes up in rpms and goes to 50 % on the meter. ? I'm beginning to think my Predator is a better Generator. So.. now my question is LOL. Is this a good brand soft start to use and see how much this helps my problem. Thanks.

Attachments

• SOFT START 61tH7HCsIUS._AC_SX679_.jpg
    SOFT START 61tH7HCsIUS._AC_SX679_.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 4
I'm having problems with my trailer AC and I just bought a new Westinghouse 4500 and when I go to turn on the AC my LED 4500 Lumen lights go out and then after me AC comes on the lights come back on. My Predator 3500 doesn't have this problem. Also with my AC and lights on and when I go to start my air compressor the 4500 over loads and shuts down. The Predator with run all 3 but its on the verge of overload so I shut down the air compressor. I can't believe that my 3500 will work better then the 4500. Its a thousand watts more. I don't get it. Oh, when the AC comes on with the 3500 the rpms barely change. The 4500 goes up in rpms and goes to 50 % on the meter. ? I'm beginning to think my Predator is a better Generator. So.. now my question is LOL. Is this a good brand soft start to use and see how much this helps my problem. Thanks.
I don’t use a generator but I installed a Soft Start capacitor on my 15K roof unit and I can now run it and the microwave simultaneously on 30 amp shore power where before it was one or the other.

So what your saying is your on board generator wouldn't do both? Weird? On my MH I can run both ACs and use the microwave. But this post is on my trailer with one 13.500

I have one of the plug in type shown below. It would not start my AC with a 2300 watt generator so I bought a 4000 watt and now I can run the AC off the generator. It was surprising but both generators are about the same size and weight.

ActiveStart Softstart 20 AMP -ACS20P​

I have one of the plug in type shown below. It would not start my AC with a 2300 watt generator so I bought a 4000 watt and now I can run the AC off the generator. It was surprising but both generators are about the same size and weight.

ActiveStart Softstart 20 AMP -ACS20P​

You photo didn't come up, so I looked it up. It looks like it goes from 30amp to 110 amp?

I think I would want a 30 to 30?

Is the any difference between the plug in verse hard wire.

You photo didn't come up, so I looked it up. It looks like it goes from 30amp to 110 amp?

I think I would want a 30 to 30?

Is the any difference between the plug in verse hard wire.
There was no photo. Here is a link to what I use. My thought on the plug in type is I can take it with me if I get a different camper. Or I can let my son borrow it if needed.

So what your saying is your on board generator wouldn't do both? Weird? On my MH I can run both ACs and use the microwave. But this post is on my trailer with one 13.500
That’s not what was said. You can run both a/c’s and a microwave on a 50 amp or a 30 amp with a pms but you’re not going to run one 15k btu a/c & microwave on 30 amp shore power, much less two a/c’s. Doesn’t matter whether your a/c is on a mh or the space shuttle, the point is the soft start will allow you to start and run the a/c with much less demand on the source of the amperage required , generator, pedestal, or whatever. No one however is going to be able to guarantee you can run your a/c with your generator and a soft start capacitor. Contact the Soft Start folks, that’s what I did.

Back
Top Bottom