Solar rope light at Harbor Freight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

COMer

I saw an ad for a 23' solar rope light at HF and decided to try one out.  Got it home and was really impressed.  It was $10 this month and with one of the many 20% off coupons in their flyers, etc., it was actually $8.  It adjusts from off, to solid on, to blinking on (for driving the neighbors crazy).  It charges in minimal light (mine is under some trees) and will do a nice job around my awning, I believe.  Just enough light to be pleasant when you are sitting outdoors and no troublesome cords running to the receptacle on the trailer. Could also be put around the base of an RV.  Now if I can ever get away from the house, we will have everything we need for traveling.

Cool will have to look into this.  We use regular LED rope lights around the trailer on the ground connected through a timer.  Lately we have been using a bucket light as DW likes that and it is quicker to set up and pick up. :)

Yep, bucket light.  You take a 5 gal. white plastic bucket and mount a light socket inside on the bottom and I use a white CFL light of very low wattage and it gives off a soft light.  They seem to be very popular in camp grounds as I have seen several. :)

They might not attract the ones that respond to IR, but they're far from bug free

Use one of Homer's orange buckets and sit it open end down on the ground and you have an orange bug light.

John From Detroit said:
I made one of those out of an Ice Cream Tub (5 quart instead of 5 gallons). works great.  The "Bucket" becomes a lamp shade.
By using a low watt bulb sealed in a 5 gal bucket you don't generate the heat that attracts lots of insects and the bucket seems to amplify the light output.

My thoughts are 5gallons of ice cream sound pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom