Someone stole our trailer…

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you have spring axles instead of torsion axles, the springs attach the axles in the middle of the bends with U Bolts and a flange at the bottom. This is how the TT travels down the road with the softening of the springs. Of course sometimes the axles are below the springs. which does not work for what I was speaking about.

But look under the TT and see what your set up is. This is an example for starters. This is reversed from what I am talking about. When the axles are hung from the springs, the flat flange will be in the center of the axle for solid support.

So did you use it for a trade in on the new one? Or get it sold on consignment really quick.
neither, just bought a new one. We decided that we were done with that unit whether the insurance "totaled" it or paid PPL to do repairs. If the latter, then it's already at PPL to sell on consignment.

One more security question… is it recommended to store trailer at lot with manual scissors stabilizers down?

And what voltage rated cordless drill motor to use on stabilizers? I have a 12v one, but not sure if it will have enough umph.

One more security question… is it recommended to store trailer at lot with manual scissors stabilizers down?

No, you don't need to have the stabilizers down. It does not provide any security advantage, and likely if someone was going to steal it, they would just drive off and end up breaking off the stabilizers anyway.

And what voltage rated cordless drill motor to use on stabilizers? I have a 12v one, but not sure if it will have enough umph.

Can't say for sure on this one. I would say try the one you have, and if it ends up burning it up, now you have an excuse to go buy an new power tool! Win Win!!

Welcome to the forum. In my neck of the woods, sleds are snowmobiles.
Thank you very much. I saw that the question had already been answered after I made my post...sorry about that. I tried to find a way to delete my response but no luck.

Update:
After about $13K completed in repairs following the theft and recovery, the FunFinder was listed for sale at PPL in Houston and was sold this week. One last dig was the buyer's pre-sale inspection found a leak in the fresh water tank that could not be attributed to the theft and field dragging, so we were out that repair cost. Since we always used city water hookup, I wasn't aware of the leak. Probably was there since it was built in 2017.

Anywho, that's done and we've been enjoying the GD Transcend quite a bit!

Back
Top Bottom