Southwest Florida parks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoAnn

Has anyone stayed at The Red Coconut Rv park in Fort Myers, Florida or Periwinkle on Sanibel island?  If so could you give me some feedback on both please.  Also, I was wondering about ease of roadways getting to both parks.

Thanks,
JoAnn

Have not stayed there but did visit. This is my opinion sy take it for what it's woth not much.

a) crowded not much room to navigate with a large rig.
b) expensive
c) hard to get a reservation.

Nelson

Thanks for your reply.  Are you talking about the Red Coconut or Periwinkle?

I remember,  last year, I read  someplace that in the Red Coconut the spots were very, very close and roads narrow.    We are headed to Daytona then Key west next month.  I was thinking of trying  out someplace else in South Fl. for next winters trip.  I know spots need to be booked a year in advance at least.  I wish we had the time to drive up the west coast to check some campgrounds out personally.  We really love being close to the ocean.  Our spot in KW is right on the water, not beach but that's ok  I lift the shade next to the bed in the morning and watch the sun rise  ;D  then go back to sleep.  I would rather go back to KW than be disappointed someplace else, after paying big bucks to stay there.  KW is also very expensive but Boyd's is beautiful and worth it to us, since it is our only winter trip and we will come back to COLD.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks again,
JoAnn

The last time I was on Sanibel, there was a bridge toll.  While Sanibel is beautiful, and I'm sure Periwinkle is too (it's been years), the bridge toll would be my drawback.  I have no experience with the Ft. Myers campgrounds, but you might find more information on www.RVParkreviews.com.

Thank you so much Patty.  Any idea how much the toll is?  I'll check out the review site.  Thanks again.

JoAnn

I stayed at the Red Coconut and agree with the packed in like sardines, expensive, and difficult to get a reservation comments but I do like the fact that you are on the beach.  There are also allot of good restaurants in the area and it is a very beach town kind of atmosphere.  The facilities seem well worn but functional.  But you can do allot better cash wise by staying someplace else and driving in to Fort Myers Beach for the atmosphere.  Just my 2 cents.  It is popular for a reason.

I have been to both - great access to the beach, but very, very crowded. If you are looking for one month stay or more in that area, I have a delightful RV lot in Bonita Springs (between Naples and Ft. Myers) that is available from April - mid December 2008 for $400 per month, and Jan / Feb / Mar 2009 for $625.00 per month. I can send more info and lots of photos if you are interested. 513-791-JANE. Have fun!

Jane, could you send me some pictures and more information on your park.  [email protected]  Do you only do month long stays?  Do you have a website? 

Thank you,

JoAnn

Back
Top Bottom