SpamBot flooding the forums presently

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well said Gary. I wonder if any of the complainers have any idea what we as staffers have to deal with when we're buried with spam and buried again with unnecassary/superfluous reports, and buried again with would-be spammers trying to get access to the forums.
I've got an excellent idea of what you go through, as i've served in your capacity in past forums and other online discussion groups, stretching all the way back to yon days o'yore when BBS groups were the budding flower of online technology.

However I was in no way "complaining" by posting this thread. Rather, I was simply asking a question on how this site processes SpamBot traffic when it arises.

I'm very appreciative of all the hard work and daily efforts that the Admins and Mods volunteer to do on behalf of the Membership, so thank you all for making the decision to perform these selfless and (sadly far too often) thankless tasks.

Good grief!

I can only hit the ignore button so many times. There must be 100 new spam users this morning.

What possible benefit could there be to posting about some cable company?

I'm a Moderator on a bass boat forum. There are 4 or 5 of us, plus a couple Admin types who make the actual rules. Between all of us we can keep a handle on the spam that gets posted daily, but none of us are on that forum more than a couple times a day - mostly out of curiosity just perusing posts - so if it wasn't for the members telling us about spam and other disallowed posts like sales we wouldn't catch a lot of this stuff maybe for days.

I must just be lucky as even though I typically check in here a couple times a day I rarely see any junk posts.

I see lots of bulk spam posts but they are so obviously spam All I see is the subject line.
I'm using a browser and do the "New posts since last here" option.
They are usually at the top of the list in the Morning.. I don't hit ignore. i don't click on them I just scroll past 'em cause I know the moderaters are slappign 'em silly fast as they can.
Too bad we can't bill 'em (There was once a plan that would have allowed that purposed for E-mail. It's been long enough I forget the details. Might have worked)

I see lots of bulk spam posts but they are so obviously spam All I see is the subject line.
I'm using a browser and do the "New posts since last here" option.
They are usually at the top of the list in the Morning..
I also always use the "New posts" link but usually not until 10 am EDST or later. Perhaps that explains my good fortune in not being exposed to the blight.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlie13
Back
Top Bottom