Stabalizer Jacks on 29 foot TT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BoomerTX

One of my stabalizer jacks is not 'catching' and won't go up or down. Is this an easy fix or will it need to be replaced. The washer on the inside is not connected like the other 3 are. Looking for hints or help?
Thanks.

Here's a picture. Will go down, sort of, but not up?

Attachments

• 20210629_163911.jpg
    20210629_163911.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 16
You might try some dry ptfe lube, that seems to make mine work better. If something has broken loose, you'll probably have to get the credit card out...

You might try some dry ptfe lube, that seems to make mine work better. If something has broken loose, you'll probably have to get the credit card out...
I suspect you are right, those screw N nut stabilizers either work or don't work, and are not expensive to replace.

I don't think lubing will help if the worm gear "won't catch" and raise the jack. It must be either stripped or has run off the end of the gear (extended too far).

Question: Once the jack is in contact with the ground, can you crank it further down? Or does it just slip under pressure? That would indicate a stripped thread on either gear or nut.

Last edited:
Have a look at the other end of the screw. You should have several inches of threaded rod coming out of the jack. If not, the jack has been assembled incorrectly our has stripped threads. Show us. A picture of the other end.

Thanks for all of the replies. Here's pictures of other end.

Attachments

• 20210630_180729.jpg
    20210630_180729.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 6
Looks okay. Now try spraying the area on that end where the screw goes into the nut. Spray it good with something like WD40 to clean the threads. Then find something to apply upward pressure under the stabilizer while turning the crank to bring the jack up. If you get it up a few inches, examine the screw for stripped threads.

Tried that still nothing. There's a washer that I can barely feel and see that is not flush like the other 3. Assuming that's the problem. Thanks again for all the help.

Look inside the sissor just behind the washer you say is loose. There should be a cotter pin holding the inside washer tight to the front .It has sheared off from to much pressure. Just a thought.

I have this problem on 1 of my 4 jacks. I can run the "screw" back out, but it doesn't automatically raise the jack. I think there's a cotter pin and/or washer that probably came off at some point. You should be able to crank a few inches (as if you're raising the jack), then reach underneath the jack and manually push it upward. It'll catch up with the screw and stop. Do that as many times as needed until it's retracted as high as needed.

Back
Top Bottom