Starter RV Purchase

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jman566

I'm considering buying my first RV after being a tent camper all my life.  I have a pretty good idea of what I want from using familiy members and friends RV's but I can't afford what I want right now.  I just came upon an opportunity to pickup a 1989 Jayco 17.50 J series for $2750 and I'm just wondering if this is a fair price since NADA doesn't show '89 data anymore and there aren't comparible models for the year after.  The trailer is in excellent condition and appearance both in and out, very well maintained.  The tires are new, there are no leaks and the awning is still in very good condition.  I really want a bigger trailer but for starters this seems like a decent deal?  I'm thinking about offering around $2250 based on the NADA values of similiar year/size trailers but I don't think they'll come down much because of their meticulous care for it.

I'm looking forward to any and all comments.

Thanks!

You never know they may take it or make a counter offer to you.  You can always come up and they may come down.  But remember if you offer 2250  they might take 2000    If you offer 2250 they sure won't say no I'll take 2000  That's for darn sure.

Back
Top Bottom