Starting issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bchristo

Help - I have a 2000 Winn Journey Diesel pusher. After sitting for 1 month, I could not get it to turn over. I first thought the engine battery...but could not get it to turn over with the MOM button (boosting with house batteries) I then put a trickle charge on the engine batt overnight (I put the pos connection on one battery and the neg on the other) The next day I still could not get to turn over...Is there a starter fuse somewhere?  Any sugg. greatly appreciated. Thanks

Bchristo
Interestingly, I just crawled out from underneath my 2000 Journey for an ?intermittent no start? problem! 
There are  a lot of things it could be. I would suspect if all was well when you put it away a month ago that it is a battery discharged or cable/connection problem. If the batteries were completely discharged it may take more than a trickle charger to bring them back. The battery parallel switches are prone to failure (I just replaced mine a few months ago) ? it will click but not make contact to parallel the chassis and house batteries so you may want to check that. You could use a good set of jumper cables to test this. Was it plugged in for the month? Do you have a charger for your chassis batteries while it is plugged in? Does it do anything when you turn the key (clicking sound) ? I'm not aware of a fuse that would affect this issue.
Ron

Do you have a volt meter on the dash,what does it tell you, do the headlights work, is the coach dead or alive?

I did not have it plugged in or charging over that month. The volt meter on the dash "moves" to show some juice I am not sure I could read a specific amt. I will try the headlights...Then I guess remove the batteries to take in and have them tested/replaced if needed - they are prob 4 years old....When I turn the key I get the usual going through the electronics stuff on the dash when the light goes off telling me the plugs are heated up I turn the key and get nothing - maybe one very slight click but not even sure of that.

I think having batt checked is a good plan, as battery is old if it sits allot, good luck.

WHile removing batteries to have cheecked i noticed one pos connection very loose...Batteries checked out Ok reinstalled and starts fine. I'm "Back on the road again"!  Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Terbsenih
Back
Top Bottom