Still Another Project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HueyPilotVN

On my old Stacker Trailer I had three large Murals. One was of a Huey sitting inside my trailer as seen from the rear. It was located on the ramp door.

The other two were made from prints and pictures that I got from Joe Kline the Artist.

I wanted to put new ones on my Class C Thor so I called the company that did the first set, (RV Stripes and Graphics in Apache Junction). They made me a set of the two Joe Kline murals.

I did not want to drive to Phoenix for the install. I called all the local graphics installers, and they would not install anything that was not their product.

Thomas, from RV Stripes sent me detailed instructions and I watched a few U Tube Videos.

I had forgot how big the murals were and the new ones were about an inch to large all around for my new RV. Luckily there was a white border around the edge. I was able to carefully remove the white edge using blue masking tape, a straight edge and a utility razor knife.

The installation involved first taping the mural in the exact place with blue masking tape strips at the corners. Then I placed a coupled of vertical tape strips on the center of the mural. The next step was to remove the locating tape on the corners and the backing from the right side and expose the adhesive side.

The tricky part was to start at the center of the mural where the vertical tape is and using a plastic tool carefully work out from the center smoothing out wrinkles and bubbles. while holding the mural away from the surface. You then do the same to the other side.

Here are some pictures.

Attachments

• 20221201_170919.jpg
    20221201_170919.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 20221201_170910.jpg
    20221201_170910.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 20221201_170900.jpg
    20221201_170900.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 20221201_171046.jpg
    20221201_171046.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 008-24.jpg
    008-24.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCN0449MA30348520-0002.JPG
    DSCN0449MA30348520-0002.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    185.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Nice job Bill. Did you have a helper? I don’t know if I would have attempted it
Yeah, no kidding. My Jeep has the typical clear coat peeling on the hood but the rest of the Jeep looks pretty good. I've been toying with the idea of getting the hood wrapped in vinyl that simulates the carbon fiber look. Just not sure I'll be able to do a job that'll pass my inspection afterwards.

Second Mural:

It was easier the second time.

I did not have any help on the second one. The kid across the street helped on the first one.

Before installing this one I had to remove the latch that holds the door open.

I filled the holes and sanded the area so the mural does not show where it was.

I have a new stainless steel door holder to mount lower down.

Attachments

• 20221202_130609.jpg
    20221202_130609.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 20221202_130518.jpg
    20221202_130518.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 15
  • 20221202_130621.jpg
    20221202_130621.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 15
You're obviously feeling better Bill doing all these new projects and it's great to see.

Nice job!

I could not sleep tonight so I came up with a small project related to the murals.

Years ago, I had a hard cover for my spare tire, and it had a mural on it.

My Jeep was stolen and when I recovered it the mural and tire cover was gone.

I guess it made the Jeep too easy to identify as stolen.

I just sent an email to Thomas at Racing Stripes, (who made the old one), to make another one.

Here is an old picture of it and I still have the same Jeep.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 17
You're probably right about the tire cover. When my Jeep was stolen (right after I'd had it painted and re- lettered). The thieves spray painted over the military stars and the other decals I had re-done on the Jeep. In the end, that's what got them noticed and caught, though. You could still see the outlines of the decals through the spray paint.

Why are we not allowed/encouraged to shoot the thieves? Obviously I have been denied proper use of my 50 cal Desert Eagle.

Why are we not allowed/encouraged to shoot the thieves? Obviously I have been denied proper use of my 50 cal Desert Eagle.
One of the responding cops told me, "too bad you didn't have a gun." My answer, "Too bad the dog didn't wake me up". Totally forgot I was standing in a National Park, with an NPS LEO standing right next to me.

After waiting for a few months, I finally got my new tire cover.

This one is a soft cover that I got from a company in California that can produce any image on a cover.

Kari did a great job at Customtirecovers.com

Without pictures it did not happen, Just ask Mr. Rainy.

Attachments

• 20230222_115628.jpg
    20230222_115628.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230222_115636.jpg
    20230222_115636.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
On my old Stacker Trailer I had three large Murals. One was of a Huey sitting inside my trailer as seen from the rear. It was located on the ramp door.

The other two were made from prints and pictures that I got from Joe Kline the Artist.

I wanted to put new ones on my Class C Thor so I called the company that did the first set, (RV Stripes and Graphics in Apache Junction). They made me a set of the two Joe Kline murals.

I did not want to drive to Phoenix for the install. I called all the local graphics installers, and they would not install anything that was not their product.

Thomas, from RV Stripes sent me detailed instructions and I watched a few U Tube Videos.

I had forgot how big the murals were and the new ones were about an inch to large all around for my new RV. Luckily there was a white border around the edge. I was able to carefully remove the white edge using blue masking tape, a straight edge and a utility razor knife.

The installation involved first taping the mural in the exact place with blue masking tape strips at the corners. Then I placed a coupled of vertical tape strips on the center of the mural. The next step was to remove the locating tape on the corners and the backing from the right side and expose the adhesive side.

The tricky part was to start at the center of the mural where the vertical tape is and using a plastic tool carefully work out from the center smoothing out wrinkles and bubbles. while holding the mural away from the surface. You then do the same to the other side.

Here are some pictures.
Those are pretty awesome. Do you ever get any negative comments on them?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihesselden
Back
Top Bottom