Storage of Rhino Sewer Hose on 5th Wheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Don C

Purchased a Rhino Sewer Hose and it takes up 3 times as much space as my old hose. Have converted part of the 4" bumper to store a clothes line and the Rhino won't fit in what's left. Looking at an E-Z Hose Carrier (Camping World catalog # 1405) and wondering on what thoughts were on mounting to the bottom of the 5th wheel behind the front jacks. Would be able to mount it to the sheet metal that is the bottom of the front storage area. The front jacks retracted will hang about 3" below the hose carrier. Any cons on mounting there?

Thank you,
Don

The Rhino is supposed to collapse quite small? Did you try that?

When we had trailers, I strapped the hose carrier under the 4" tube bumper. Don't see any reason why it could not go behind the front jacks, though.

I've still got one sitting in my shed - you can have it if you are in north-central Florida.

I store mine in a six in PVC pipe bolted under the motor home.. But as others have said. it's a 15' Rhino, and there is already a 10 foot less impressive hose in that tube, and the fittings, and it all fits well when I 'COndense" the Rhino down to it's mininimum length.

The "EZ-Carrier,,,,,, That would be essentally the same as what I use.. I am not sure of the mounting clips without looking again (it would not fit properly where I put mine but,, the concept is identical)

Don C: Our 5er has a pvc tube mounted exactly where you are considering. Unfortunately for this old guy, it's centered on the trailer side to side which means I have to get on the ground to reach it. Bad legs and a bad back make this a chore but, I've never had a problem fitting all of my Rhino hose into it. I think I've got 15 or 20 feet of hose.

Bob

Did mount the E-Z Hose Carrier behind the front jacks. Thanks Bob for the tip, I did offset the carrier towards the dump side. If you hadn't mentioned it, I would of centered it and had further to reach to get the hose out.

The Rhino Sewer Hose would not fit in the E-Z Hose Carrier without modification. Had to trim about 1/8" off of 4 tabs to get it to go in the carrier.

Don

Don C said:
The Rhino Sewer Hose would not fit in the E-Z Hose Carrier without modification. Had to trim about 1/8" off of 4 tabs to get it to go in the carrier.
Thanks for the tip. I'm thinking about getting something similar. The Rhino is great and I wouldn't consider getting a different hose, but it sure doesn't compact the way those cheap flimsy ones do.

Back
Top Bottom