Story Behind Your Screen Name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Long story short to spare how I went from herding cattle to herding 8th graders in 1992, I later spent 8 years as an assistant principal in public schools. Some call the position "vice principal." When I needed a personal email account about 20 years ago and with my last name as Price, I used "viceprice" and have kept it in email and for online forums.

Pretty straight forward. Huey Pilot and VN is for Viet Nam. I did two tours, the second was to keep my younger brother, ( a Marine), from being sent over there.
Sir, I understand what did completely. I WAS the younger brother who wanted to go over there. Instead I was kinda protected and was assigned brother(s) duty on the USS Hornet. That kept me out. I commend you.

When I was young and handsomer I raced road bikes and did a lot of Triathlons. Being a below average swimmer but really fast on the bike when I came out of the water and transitioned to the bike, I did a lot of overtaking and to alert the rider ahead you shout "on your left" and you gotta do it quickly, if you hang in his slip stream more than a few seconds an umpire will hang you with a time penalty. I had to grind it out because in triathlon most participants are weak to average bike riders but usually good swimmers and even better runners. I'd have to get way out ahead of them ( average runner) or they'd chase me down on the run leg.

Same with mine.

I assume many of us are old enough to remember when we were charged to have an E-mail account.

-Don- Reno, NV
My screen name is pretty simple ..1st name (nickname) and last initial... But my wife's and my 1st email was a little more fun... 1st part of her name (Kathy) and 1st part of mine (Butch)... katbut@********
Butch

Grew up in Northern New Mexico and have never not owned a jeep in 40+ years of driving. First car was a 1946 Willys. Anyhow when CB radios were the thing my call sign was New Mexico Jeep.

This is all fun in so many ways. I just never cared. Most every place I write, I have the same or a similar sig.
The reason I'm here as Matt_C is simply that there was a Matt. That is the case several places.
There was one place I got shut down because I told the truth and they didn't to hear it. So I created a new account with the name of a distant family member that was a true hero. I'm not one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizwood71
Back
Top Bottom