Stove exhaust fan vents inside!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

librarylady

We recently bought a new camper and, the first evening that I cooked something inside, I poked my head out to see if the exhaust fan vent cover was opened.  There wasn't one!  I quickly discovered that the fan vents inside.  What good does that do??  When we took the unit in for warranty work on various things, we asked about and were told that many campers are made that way now.  It seems to me that the exhaust fan is useless if the heat, steam and smells just blow right back in!  Are other camper exhaust fans, indeed, not vented to the outside?

librarylady said:
  It seems to me that the exhaust fan is useless if the heat, steam and smells just blow right back in!  Are other camper exhaust fans, indeed, not vented to the outside?

Pretty common, I think.  We have a Fantastic Fan adjacent to our kitchen and use it instead of the useless recirculating vent fan.

Pretty common these days. The outside vents tend to be leak hazards, plus they rattle in the wind an dleak heat/cold when not in use too. I have both types, and I regret not having the outside vent when using the convection oven for a lengthy time period, but otherwise I'm happier without it. It's a tradeoff...

When we were looking to buy our current TT we ruled out any that had non-vented range hoods.

We too were cautious not to get one without an outside venting system. I upgraded our previous unit, 2012 Layton with the Fabulous vent system.
http://www.rvvent.com/fabulousoperatingproducts.htm
One cool system that is quiet, very quiet, powerful, 3 speeds, LED range light and sliding vent damper controlled from the inside. Easy install. I will be adding one to our new Sprinter later this year. Little pricey but they do as they advertise. Crack a window open and turn this unit on medium and feel the breeze. Did I mention it's quiet!!!!! Check it out. Only for those with outside venting.

I didn't realize that our vented hood has an exterior door that must be unlatched until our second trip. It works much better when the door is open ;)

I too wonder about vents that vent inside. but I have seen them both in houses and now RV's.. Makes no sense to me other than usually the vent is above your head so it's not in your face.

By the way. One of the things the walk through on this RV did not show me was the latch for the vent flapper.. It is INSIDE under the hood, right side and is a spring steel "U"  you pull it out to unlock.

Back
Top Bottom