stove fan vent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blaine A

I posted earlier about bubbles under vent on outside of fiberglass trailer Would like to know how vent works Kinda confused.When I turn fan on I get very little air coming out of vent their seems to be a sort of door in vent but it doesnt open Also a couple of tabs on bottom of vent Vent is to fan

Attachments

• v1.jpg
    v1.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 20
  • v2.jpg
    v2.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 20
The door is known as a "damper" it should open when the fan is turned on and close when fan is off.

It is probably stuck closed. Some dampers have external locks to prevent it from opening. From the outside, see if you can open it. If it opens, clean the inside edges of the damper and the mating surface. After that make sure it opens freely then turn the hood fan on to confirm.

I have read that some folks block the damper to keep it closed while underway. If the RV is new-to-you, maybe a previous owner blocked it closed.

RV range hood vents have a "Flapper" that is supposed to keep air from blowing back in in a wind storm.. NOw they come in two flavors in this recard.

one of the more common types the "Flapper" is on the outside held closed (When moving) by a pair of twist tabs.. Take a look at a mirror mount or a metal screen door.. that's the concept though the design is quite different.

The other has a metal "Clip" (looks like a spring) under the hood. right side, near the wall You may need to look for it. PUSH IN with the fan off to "lock" the flapper, pull OUT to free it. .

Look at the outside of your vent and see if the flapper has a travel lock to keep it closed while travelling.

It is locked somehow I believe it has something to with tab in second picture Their are 2 of them can not unlock them
I bought camper new 7 years ago and never really looked at vent till now

In the second photo it looks like there is a button in the center that locks the damper. I would try to move that probably down to see if it will unlock the damper. Up (which appears to be its current position) would seem to be the lock position. If things don't move easily and it feels about to break, you can use a little oil or wd40 to Hopefully loosen things up enough to unlock.

Gave tabs a spray of WD then tried pulling tabs down pushing them up and also up and out Tried rotating them I pried on them I guess only option is to make road trip to dealer

Pull out on the tabs to open vent when you want to use your fan and close lid when traveling.
This is something we have added to our steps of setting up and breakdown.

I watched a video the other day where the fan in the microwave was installed to direct the air back into the room. The fans in some microwaves can be made to direct the air outside, up into a vent, or back into the room.
In this video the part about the direction of the blower fan starts about 9:50.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizwood71
Back
Top Bottom