Strange Animals/Things You Have Seen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tulecreeper

I'll start.

In the summer of 1970, when I was 12, I was camping in a cab-over camper with my parents in an unimproved campground in NE Washington. It was quite remote and there was no one there except us. About 2 AM I had to answer the call of nature and I walked a few yards from the truck. The pine grove we were in was all second growth trees about 20-feet high, and all of them had branches coming down to about 4-feet off the ground so I had to bend down to see under them.

While standing there doing my thing someone/thing walked past me about 20 yards away, so I bent over to look. There was moonlight filtering through the branches and all I could see in the gloom was what looked like a pair of legs moving from left to right; the rest of it was above the low branches. Knowing that there was no one else anywhere around my Spidey-sense overloaded and I turned and flew back to the camper.

To this day I have no clue who or what that could have been. Squatch? ;)

I don't have any bigfoot type sightings, but I have a couple of "those don't belong here" sightings.

The first was at a local Provincial Park, Bronte Creek, which is a regular dog-walking spot for me. I came off of a trail that comes out of the woods to a gravel road with an old fence on the opposite side. Perched on the fence, looking as though it had just jumped up when it saw me and froze, was a bobcat. At least I think that's what it was. We're too far south for Lynx and too far north for bobcats, and in a pretty built up area, but from all the research I did, I would guess bobcat. We stared at each other for just a few seconds and it took off. No chance for a pic! Funny enough, in the same area a number of months later, I came upon a tree stump that had scratchmarks the looked decidedly feline. They were vertical, but bigger and higher than anything left by any cat I've ever had. My friends thought I was nuts :)

The second one, I wasn't camping at the time, but driving towards my mom's with the trailer. I was on 40 westbound, not far past the Tennessee river before the 641 exit. I looked to the right and I SWEAR I saw a cougar in a nearby field. It was crouched as though it had just pounced on something. I was going a good clip and there wasn't a close by exit or I may have gone around for another look but the picture is still imprinted on my brain.

Definitely things that could have happened but are somewhat unlikely?

I took my then 20 y/o niece tent camping along with her dog Sherlock. Sherlock is one of the most athletic dogs I've ever seen.

We had gone to bed in the 3-man tent. I was next to the door, then my niece then sherlock.

I was awoken at around 2am by a thump of feet on my chest followed by the whole tent "capsizing" and pandalerium ensuing with Sherlock barking and going on like crazy. Coons or something were trying to get into the cooler and he launched at them - the screen door held but his momentum flipped the tent - LOL...

So nothing real weird but another night we heard noises in the tree line and when I shined the light there were probably a dozen red eyes staring back from the 6 possums in the tree line - Looked like the zombie apocalypse.

I don't have any bigfoot type sightings, but I have a couple of "those don't belong here" sightings.

The first was at a local Provincial Park, Bronte Creek, which is a regular dog-walking spot for me. I came off of a trail that comes out of the woods to a gravel road with an old fence on the opposite side. Perched on the fence, looking as though it had just jumped up when it saw me and froze, was a bobcat. At least I think that's what it was. We're too far south for Lynx and too far north for bobcats, and in a pretty built up area, but from all the research I did, I would guess bobcat. We stared at each other for just a few seconds and it took off. No chance for a pic! Funny enough, in the same area a number of months later, I came upon a tree stump that had scratchmarks the looked decidedly feline. They were vertical, but bigger and higher than anything left by any cat I've ever had. My friends thought I was nuts :)
Actually, you are right at the crossroads of the bobcat/lynx distribution zone so it could have been either one, eh.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianw1234
Back
Top Bottom