Struggling to decide on a rig for fulltime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cartography

Greetings everyone of this forum!

I am person who is interested in getting into Rving full-time when I'm old enough, and I'm thinking of importing an American RV to my country, but I'm stuck for what RV I want to get, I can't decide between a Class C, a Fifth wheel or travel trailer. I that may be difficult to answer but here's some things that may help:

I like feeling cosy, but I couldn't survive in a really tiny space.
I like the ability to boondock, I live in a Country that doesn't have many RV parks.
I live in a country that has really hot summers and very cold winters, i would like to travel to places in all season, we don't also get very heavy rains sometimes. So I need an RV that can do all kinds of weather kindly.

I plan on taking my RV across the border to a neighbouring country which has Semi and full deserts, and famously has a desert that meets the sea, where there are quite a few RV parks, the Air around the coastline can rust metal, so i will need a rig that's rust resistant.

I need a rig with a large storage space to carry not just living stuff but also pallets.

I need something that is easy to tow, (If it's a trailer or fifth wheel)

I live in a country with poor quality fuel, which may be a concern for a class C motorhomes.

I need something that's relatively easy to fix or source parts for, if possible.

I have quite a bit of tech so something with quite a few electric sockets is preferred.

I also need one that can accommodate a few people comfortably, i would like to have visitors.

I will also like an RV that doesn't contain harsh chemicals such as Formaldehyde

Any advice is welcome thanks 🙂

Last edited:
Sounds like you want a toy hauler TT. This eliminates all the complexity of the engine/chassis systems in regards to poor fuel quality. It also will come with a large door for loading pallets.

A large coach could easily get bogged on wet unimproved roads. You can disconnect the tow vehicle with a trailer set up.

Easy to tow is relative and primarily relates to size.

You will need a pretty robust towing vehicle and not sure what kind of large power vehicles might be available to you.

Good luck with the search.

A large coach could easily get bogged on wet unimproved roads. You can disconnect the tow vehicle with a trailer set up.
One thing I've learned by watching off-road recovery videos on YouTube is to never disconnect the trailer. That turns one recovery into two. Most recovery companies would rather recover the truck and trailer as a unit.

One thing I've learned by watching off-road recovery videos on YouTube is to never disconnect the trailer. That turns one recovery into two. Most recovery companies would rather recover the truck and trailer as a unit.
I was thinking more on the lines of being able to get out of the boonies if needed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom