Sturgis- 2014 Bike rally campgrounds.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr Bojangles

Hello:
Thinking, thinking, thinking, that's all:
Anyone have experience at staying in Camp grounds (Electric & Water) near activities?

I went thru Sturgis, SD once (April, 2012) and wondered what it would be like to be here during RALLY? Can not get it off my mind.
I'm not a biker, could not even sit on a big bike where it would "not" lay me down as I waited for light to change.
I mean, I know the feeling of the wind in my hair riding BIG trail bikes (125 cc) on the street. Bad..., ya know what I'm saying..., shixtttt!
Today...., I'd be riding slow, slow, (in my pick-up) ya know what I'm saying? Just looking man, just looking. And I'd have people with me to hold me back, (keeping me from me) that's what I'm saying.

I rub shoulders with men in late 60's who ride bikes, (2 meetings a week for 1 hour each time) might inquire as to who would like to drive out to Sturgis during "Rally" , with me (in trailer) providing a base of operations, (chuck wagon) as we traveled and stayed 4 or 5 days.
How about it, too late to get reservations? Any "wanna be's" been ther, done that?
On my "bucket list", anyway.

The camp grounds raise their fees for bike week buy 2 to 4X. We stayed at Rush No More RV it's nice back in 2008.

Pick any CG you want, they all raise there rate alot for Sturgis. At some you can dry camp for much less cost, and still use there dump, etc. We did that a number of times at Chris CG in Spearfish. Book early, as they fill up.

We forgot all about the bike rally (we're not bikers) and arrived at Sturgis right in the middle of it.  We found a campground in Deadwood and it worked just fine.  We couldn't get several days in one site and had to move once but it worked out.  We had a blast.  They have towers at each end of the main drag so we could go up and get good photos.  They charge a small fee to go up but it's used to help clean up the town when it's over so it's for a good cause.  We were impressed that everyone was very nice and I think they said there were only something like three arrests in the middle of the night for fighting.  We thought it would be a little "rougher" than that but a friend pointed out that a lot of the attendees are doctors, lawyers, etc.  Certainly the women had beautifully manicured nails and nice jewelry if that's any indication.  And we saw some really nice motorhomes full of toys.  ;) Go if you can because it's a kick.

ArdraF

I go to Sturgis every 3 or 4 years depending on the entertainment and how well my golf game is doing. If the golf game is well I play in a week long match play tournament that is at the same time in Minnesota.
Unless you are a party animal you can see everything you want to see in a day or two. I  usually go for three days and two nights on my Goldwing and camp at Creekside Campground    http://www.creeksidesturgis.com/ We pull a small trailer so thh girl friend can bring enough clothes to keep her happy. They have a nice clean campground and have signs up for quiet after 10:00 so you can get some sleep.

If you are a party animal stay at The Buffalo Chip or Glencoe.

Thanks all for your inputs.........
I have made a list of sites and included your inputs for consideration.

We'll see what happens.
Thanks again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeRob
Back
Top Bottom