Suburban Oven issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cant Wait

The oven makes a popping sound when the burn is lit and bringing oven up to temp. You can watch the pilot light fluctuate in rythum with the popping sound. Once the oven reached temp the burner shuts off, but the pilot also goes out, and will not relight till oven cools a bit. When the burner shuts off at temp and the pilot goes out, there is good gas flow to the stove top because I've lit ALL three burners at the same time and they burn normal with nice blue flame. Once I get the pilot relit and the burner on, the pilot pops again till it reaches temp and then everything shuts off again.

Addition info on pilot lite, it almost seems that the heat of the burner is causing a gas flow restirction to the pilot lite, maybe from metal expansion due to heat. When the burner is on I can watch the pilot lite go on and off, on and off constantly till the main burner shuts off, then the pilots goes out too.

That's a strange one! A pulsing flame suggests a regulator issue, but if other things work ok that doesn't seem likely.  Maybe a problem with the gas orifice in the oven? Could it maybe be set up for natural gas rather than propane?

I wonder if a call to Suburban might get some useful tech support?

http://www.rvcomfort.com/suburban/contact.php

Gary; Called Suburban teck spt. As soon as I gave him the model and ser# and the shape of the burner supply tube he knew the problem. It's under warrenty so I'll take it to the dealer and they'll change out the part that's bad.

Glad to hear it will be resolved that simply!
Can you tell us the name of the faulty part? Just curious, in case it comes up again.  It would be nice to be able to put a name to it.

Gary; will do once Suburban sents part/parts to my dealer and they do the work. The tech @ Suburban didn't say what the parts were but led me to belive it was what I though. Once the oven reached a certain temp the heat expands the line or what ever and restricts the flow of gas to the pilot.

I have had this trouble since purchasing new Motor home. I have a long trip to have them repair on warranty so trouble shot my self. Pilot light lights OK, After turning on listening or watching pilot it pops and sputters when up to temp first time pilot goes out. I took out pilot light and blew out thinking maybe clogged. Same problem. I order new suburban oven pilot burner part number 161209 as only $7 and replaced. Now the pilot burns nice and steady, no piping and oven stays lite cycling on and off as it should. New burner was different in how orifice was created in end where connects to gas tube. Works great now and I didn't have to burn many gallons of fuel to get to RV shop and wait for them to try and figure out what's wrong and then order a part.

Back
Top Bottom