SUBURBAN SF-30 TO SF-35 FURNACE UPGRADE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sykes

Can I replace a SF-30 30000 BTU Suburban furnace with a SF-35 35000 BTU unit?

My SF-30 shook extremely last night and shutdown. Now cool air blows with no heat. Since its 5 years old, I am replacing and will repair this unit as a backup. As I already have 4 interior cabin vents, can I upgrade to a SF-35? The unit is running on a 20 amp fuse and this seems like a better option for our 650 square foot space. The Suburban installation guide specs (except for vent specs) are the same for both units. Thanks. John

Should be no problem, but I can't see any good reason for replacing a 5 year old furnace rather than fixing it. A "shake" sounds like a busted fan.

You gain 5000 btus with the bigger furnace. Is that what you are looking for?

I would like to fix; but we do need a second unit as these have gone out several times now in the middle of winter - and usually during blizzards. The 2 am shake last night shook the whole RV. Now the furnace runs cold air and then shuts off after a few minutes. From a troubleshooting chart, looks like it could be the motor mount (there is play); the blower motor shaft or blower wheel. The fan does sound perfect running cold air before shutting off after a few minutes: would that be the sail switch? Most likely something was shaken to dysfunction - it could take some time to troubleshoot this one. Any ideas will bring this unit back. Thanks.

On a new furnace: the 5000 extra BTUs would be welcome.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwinStater
Back
Top Bottom