Sudden Reverse Polarity?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Using a volt meter prove the outlet
Black to Green and Black to white shoudl be 120 volts
White to green zero

Option 2
Use a 15 to 30 Outlet adapter (Puck type works well here)
and a 3-light outlet tester.

But the volt meter test is better.

Opps almost forgot the web link

http://www.myrv.us/Imgs/PDF/30-amp%20Service.pdf

I'm betting the electrician swapped wires. They tend to treat an rv outlet like a dryer outlet, and from what I've heard doing that results in this current problem. Seriously if you have any aptitude for this it shouldn't be a hard fix, turn off the main breaker, open the new rv outlet box, and swap the wires while leaving the ground alone (provided the green wire is indeed on the green screw). You can google videos or pictures to know what you should be looking for. We installed one for my dads camper at the cabin ourselves, rented the ditch witch and everything. Of course it helps that my dad worked for the power company for 30 years, and we've both worked with his electrician friend wiring the cabin when we first got power so we have some base knowledge.

Offer the electrician double or nothing - if it's his mistake he fixes it for free, if he can prove the socket is wired correctly you'll pay him double his service call fee.  Make sure you have a printout of the socket voltage diagram further up in this thread.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom