Suplimental Air Shocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tell us more, Irishdrum.  What sort of improvement are you looking for?  Or maybe I should say, what problem are you trying to fix?

Also, are you talking about air-adjustable shocks or air bag helper springs?  They have different purpose and effect.

Neither one will increase your GVWR or GCWR. Air shocks can change the ride somewhat. Air springsmay have some effect on rear end wallowing or sway, though they would not be my first choice to try to fix that sort of problem.

Hi Gary

I don't have any specific brand/type in mind. I was looking to take some of the harshness out of the ride. I had no preconceived ideas of what type of product would do. This was more of a fishing expedition to see if anyone had used anything that gave a smoother ride. I appreciate your feedback. And by the way I was not looking at any increase in GVR. At this time I can't justify the cost of a pusher with one of those nice air rides so this was a bit of wishful searching.

Thanks
John :)

We are buying a 1999 windsport 30Q on Friday.  Can't wait for this spring! 
When I test drove it at first, I noticed a steering wheel and brake shimmy. 
After they did their PDI, it was gone.  I did notice that on rough roads you can really feel the bumps in the steering wheel though.
Is this anything like you are experiencing? 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom