Surprised by general lack of choices in Class A DP floor plan items

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thelazyl

We are new class a owners.  Our 37? Fleetwood DP is perfect for our first RV and we?ve traveled the entire state of Oregon in our first 6 trips.  We are excited to improve our experience via an upgrade as I get closer to retirement.  I have reviewed online ads for hundreds of diesel pushers in the 50 ? 200k range and in the 40 foot + size. 

In those ads I see several floor plans that satisfy some items on our wish list ? 1.5 bathrooms and with enough legroom where I don?t whack my forehead each time I drop trow to use the can.  We also would like a king sized bed and with more room to walk around the bed. 

There are surprisingly few choices in our floor plan wish list items that I would think would be more common. 

One.  Most of the models have 2 couches instead of having at least 1 recliner and ideally 2.  At my size and age I can?t imaging not having one. 
Two.  Surprisingly very few models offer a TV configuration other than the one on the front center of the dash which we have in our current RV. 

I am curious if others are seeing the same thing.

Look at the Tiffin Bus 40AP. There is an option for a recliner plus a regular sleeper sofa as an option to a L shaped sofa. It also has the 1 1/2 baths. This is the bigger and fancier brother of our RED 37PA. The four slides provide a lot of room. Turn the passenger seat around for another comfortable recliner to point to the TV on the wall to bathroom.

Go into the higher price ranges and you can pretty much customize as you wish.>>>Dan Its like buying a custom tailored suit or buy off the rack)

Utclmjmpr said:
Go into the higher price ranges and you can pretty much customize as you wish.>>>Dan Its like buying a custom tailored suit or buy off the rack)
Come to think of it, there are custom remodel shops that take units from delivery, mod, and then people pick them up. Removing sofas and replacing with recliners is their bread and butter.

Are you looking at sales ads or at floor plans on the manufacturer websites?  Dealers tend to stock rigs with floor plans that appeal to the mainstream buyers and/or have attractive prices. They stand the best chance of selling those quickly.  And of course, the used market tends to reflect that as well, since many buyers bought them.  I'd search manufacturer sites and find models with floor plans that suit me, then look for  dealers that have one of those. Google will help with that part.

As was said, higher end models tend to have more choices, or at least cater to needs outside the 80th percentile. High dollar buyers shop more for the features they want moreso than lowest price.  You might also need to consider rigs larger than 40 ft to get a larger bedroom and space enough for non-traditional layouts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeffandjoan
Back
Top Bottom