Tank flushing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff in Ferndale Wa

My TT is the first that I have owned with a built in tank flush. So far,every place that I have used a dump station,the supplied water hose does not have a fitting on the end to attach to the tank flush.Presumably because is not potable water,and reduces the chance of someone filling their fresh water tank with it.
Is there a workaround for this ?

Some dump stations I've seen have a nozzle on their flush hoses consisting of a bent (90 degree) piece of 1/2" copper tubing. I suspect that's to aid the cleaning of "blue boy" portable tanks. A short piece of garden hose with a hose clamp on one end and a male 3/4" gh fitting on the other is one workaround for that.

Unfortunately, what you found is often true, which means I cannot flush my tanks as often as I want to. Sometimes, you can remove the hose and hook up your own. And sometimes, I just have to wait until I get someplace either with full hookups or the right kind of hose fitting. I mostly stay in state and federal campgrounds, so I take every advantage to flush when I can.

I rarely flush when at a dump station as it takes too long, unless there is nobody waiting. For that reason I usually flush the tank when I have a sewer connection. And I use a hose just for that and then use disinfectant on the hydrant when finished.

I rarely flush when at a dump station as it takes too long, unless there is nobody waiting. For that reason I usually flush the tank when I have a sewer connection. And I use a hose just for that and then use disinfectant on the hydrant when finished.
I would agree that is ideal.
That said, some like me, almost always camp at state parks, rarely even have an option for a sewer connection, and often times wait 45-60 minutes to dump because of the extreme slowness of some before us. I can connect while black tank is draining. Flush for 2-3 minutes afterwards, then follow it with gray tank flush and rinse, and be all done, gone, in 8-10 minutes. For some, that's the time it takes some to filter through their storage containers and begin their own event. :cool:

often times wait 45-60 minutes to dump because of the extreme slowness of some before us.
This would be your experience if you were behind me. Maybe you have small holding tanks - and apparently only 2. I have 3 40 gal tanks, and grey #2 drains pretty slow. I have a sani flush on the black tank only and I use it with every dump as the manufacturer instructs. 2-3 min? What are you flushing - the toilet? I run the sani flush until the water is mostly clear, which is not within 2-3 min. Sometimes it can take 30 min. I'm not slow - the process is slow. I wait patiently if required due to folks ahead of me, and therefore expect the same from people behind me. It's their problem to deal with if they get bothered by having to wait. Like others, I try to do this business when I have a site sewer, but in State and county parks I've had to use the communal facilities.

Get something to covert so you can flush it. Screw the folks waiting in line. Do the job right so your set for your next trip. Let the ones behind bitch to the owner for not having 2 dump stations!

Get something to covert so you can flush it. Screw the folks waiting in line. Do the job right so your set for your next trip. Let the ones behind bitch to the owner for not having 2 dump stations!

I’m glad I don’t think that way. I like to be a little considerate to the ones waiting in line behind me and I expect the same when I’m the one waiting.

I don't remember ever flushing a tank In 40 years,never had a problem. I don't use them for fresh water anyway.

I’m glad I don’t think that way. I like to be a little considerate to the ones waiting in line behind me and I expect the same when I’m the one waiting.
Don't mean to sound rude but when I get to a dump station, I do what I need to do, including a quick flush. I try to move as fast as possible.

Back
Top Bottom