Tankless water heaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey ron no disrespect to you and ours, but i have a 13 year old who loves to take 30 minute showersat home and will think nothing of a 20 minute in the rv.  so for him and then myself this would be a great option. thanks again, bob

mphy98 said:
hey ron no disrespect to you and ours, but i have a 13 year old who loves to take 30 minute showersat home and will think nothing of a 20 minute in the rv.  so for him and then myself this would be a great option. thanks again, bob

Sounds like the 13 year old needs to shower last.  Won't take long for him to get trained or get cold. ;D ;D ;D

I just had a tankless installled in my house.
My first gas billl went down 15 bucks.
Nice

I know this has nothing to do with tankless heaters but I found when I head to one of the membership campgrounds for 2 weeks, and I shut down furnace (to 45 degrees) or AC (to OFF) and turn the water heater to PILOT,  It costs me 140 miles of gas, or about 18 gallons, at 2.00 that's 36 bucks, at 4.00 that's 72.. And I save over 100 on utility bills.

I wonder what temperature the PrecisionTemp people consider to be "shower temperature"? Its probably fine for somebody like me, but others like steamy hot showers.

I don't know but I did look at the price tag... 1100 with the optional blow outprotection fan needed for rigs with slide outs and in gusty wind conditions.

Thanks for the replies, just bought my first Fifth wheel, well first RV, and will be using it to stay in while we, me and an employee work out of town. We are plumbers by trade so we get pretty dirt and i know the navy showers will not work to good for us. Looking at the specs. it says it has a 85 degree temp rises and can be field adjusted  from 90 to 135 degrees. And yes the price is high but in the same range as the gas ones for a whole house unit, and we hope work stays  good enough  we get to use it for three or four nights a week for a long time.

Here's another alternative - the Atwood XT, which mixes ultra hot water with tap water to yield the equivalent of a 16 gallon water heater in the space that a 10 gal model normally occupies. Or 9 gallons from the space for a 6 gallon heater. Price is  about $825 for the 16/10 gallon model.
http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-water-heaters/atwood-xt-water-heater.htm

What size heater does your trailer now have?

Maybe I'm a dumb ass but we just had a tankless installed at my house. It didn't need much electricity at all. Only enough to light the pilot. I don't understand why they would be such an energy hog on an rv.

You apparently have a gas fired tankless heater, as is the PrecisionTemp model mentioned recently in this thread. Most are electric and use a lot of amps for a short period and that's what we were talking about earlier as energy hogs.

For what it's worth, it can't find anything on it now but I'm pretty sure that Alpine Motorhomes (went out of business last spring) were available with optional tankless propane water heaters.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom