Thank You Tom and Staff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom and Margi

I have no idea what the latest Forum brouhaha is all about because I no longer read sections in which I have no interest, but I picked up on some unrest.

I think it's high time to thank Tom and the volunteer staff for all the time they spend on our behalf to keep this forum the friendliest place on the web for RVing interests.  They're fair, they're consistent, and they do a great service for all of us with no compensation whatsoever except our occasional expressions of gratitude and sporatic contributions to help defray costs.  What a thankless job, and what a great group of people!  Thanks, guys and gals!

Margi

Have to agree with Margi. Thanks, Tom and staff.

Margi, your day is better because you missed it. Don't bother looking for it.

Unfortunately, I do have an "out of pocket" interest in the subject of that thread, and I read the exchange. It was immature, offensive, and all but irrelevant. The exchange had no value and no place on this forum. It was handled well by Ned, Tom, and staff. I should add, "as usual." My thanks to Tom and staff, for a job well done, continuously, consistently.

Ray D

Thanks Margi and Ray, your comments are much appreciated. The volunteer forum staff (click the Hosts button above to see the full cast of characters) does their best to keep this place ticking over without over-moderating. Sometimes folks forget that, in addition to our staff duties, we are also forum members who participate in the open sharing of information.

To all the Forum staff:
    Thank you for all you do to keep this forum going.  It is what keeps the RV industry going.  You should all be paid by the manufacturers for all that you do to keep people in and get people to start RVing.  It is because of this forum that I decided to buy my first TT so that I could share more time with my kids before they move on in life. 

Tom,
    The message you posted to address the nonsense was spot on.  While some people may take offense I found it to be a reminder to all of us that we should think before we speak.  Keep up the good work and thank you.

Wow, how can anyone be less then satisfied with the job Tom and the gang do? 

They are fantastic, especially when you compare them to some of the other forums out there.

I too want Tom and the whole crew to know how much help I've received from this Forum over the last 4 years.  In many cases I've been able to search past topics and answer many questions I've had.  We've owned RV's off and on since the early 1980's and had to learn through the school of hard knocks (mistakes I made) :-[.  Since belonging to this Forum, I have been able to learn through sound advice from some very knowledgeable folks :)

Thanks guys and keep up the good work!

On behalf of the whole crew, we appreciate the kind words. None of us benefits financially (i.e. we don't get paid), but the dedication of the entire team is nothing short of fantastic.

I would like to add my thanks to all the help and advice that Tom and the rest of the forum have given me/ us over the years.  :D

We love our RV lifestyle and that wouldn't have been possible without the encouragement of Tom and others to take the plunge and buy our first RV. We haven't looked back.  ;D

It's lovely to get honest and worthwhile advice from someone who isn't trying to fleece you. I'm glad this forum isn't paid for by an RV company and is total independent. Maybe if people had to pay for the forum they would appreciate it a bit more?  ::)

Thanks for all your hard work Tom and everyone who gives their free time to help others who appreciate there wisdom.

Keep up the good work,

Andy & Tanya

After all these kind words, the staff all deserve a raise. I hereby grant us all a 100% raise. Don't spend it all once.

Now lemme see .... $0 + (100% of $0) = a whopping $0.

Tom, I would agree that a moderate raise is justified, but a whopping $0 seems a little out of line.  Have you calculated the stimulus effect of your irresponsible actions?

Lou, think of all the jobs we just created saved right here on the forum.

Considering Tom's wisdom and ability to control cost and keep people actively employed we should run him for office in the next presidential election.

" (quote)Considering Tom's wisdom and ability to control cost"....

Seems to me that good old Tom is carrying the burden, and never complains. Guess what it costs to keep this forum going; I have no idea.

But a good idea is to consider using the DONATE button above and help out a bit again. Paypal works, it's easy.

Just because Tom has a big boat ship yacht doesn't mean he is rich or wealthy, it's because he has a big heart and is pursuing his love in maintaining the forum, and most of us are freeloaders.

This is Carson and I approve this message

George, that would require an amendment to the Constitution  ;D

Oh don't worry about it Tom.  None of us are sure of the birth place of the sitting president.

Thanks, Ray.

Geo -

That's "sitting" President.  :p 

Oh, well, maybe he's "setting" as well.  ::) 

Ray, Grammer ****, D  ;D

Having the good fortune to have known Tom for many years, and to live within spitting distance ... I am amazed at the time (and money) Tom devotes to the forum. He and his crew do a fantastic job creating the most friendly and civil RV forum on the internet.  Thanks to you all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhoehn02
Back
Top Bottom