The beginning is in sight!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prfcdoc

I'm retiring in two months and we've been planning for about 4 years. My DW is very picky about what she wants to live in. For that reason I thought I was going to have to purchase a new 5th wheel. Specifically a Cedar Creek Champagne edition. A week before Memorial Day she found the exact model, two years old, advertised by a private seller on RV Trader. We're in Dallas and it was in Kentucky.  The asking price was fair and the seller assured us that it was in pristine condition so we agreed to pay the asking price (if our inspection agreed) if they would hold it until the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend.

We took Friday off and met them at their home where the trailer was kept in a beautiful garage on their property. They bought it the previous Fall to travel to Florida for the winter but when they got to their destination they found a condo that they fell in love with so decided to sell the Cedar Creek, since they also own an Airstream to use for short excursions. It was only used for about 3 months. I could find no issues so we bought it and towed it back home. It towed like a charm and I feel like the luckiest guy around, especially after the money saved.

We're storing it right now so I will get photos out once we get it out of storage. In the meantime I'm transferring my 500 watts of solar to their existing 200 watts and bringing my 690aH of batteries on board. Lots to do in closing out a solo Family Practice of 42 years and finding docs to care for the hundreds of folks who have become like extended family to me. Will continue my practice until mid August so won't get much sleep until the first of September. Then it's our whole new life.
Bob

I got a good deal on a gently used FW from a private seller in KY, too!  Must be a good place to buy FW!!

You will love it, I'm sure!  You have done your homework!

Congratulations Bob, sounds like you are going to be very busy for the next few months but it will be worth it to get out on the road!

Let us know how you get on and look forward to the photos.

What a blessing of a find! Glad you and DW have a lovely future plan ahead of you. May you both enjoy the retirement and years ahead in your new travel of life! September will be here before you know it!

Thanks folks, for the congrats and good wishes. As I continue to learn and get realtime experience I hope to help out more on the forum.
Bob

Hi Bob,

Congrats on the find and nice FW. Also congrats on retirement in two months. Seems like it never gets here but finally does. Just remember not to get around in the morning after the first day of retirement and go to work.  ;D  Maybe will see you at some of the events the RV Forum has! Have fun!

prfcdoc said:
Thanks folks, for the congrats and good wishes. As I continue to learn and get realtime experience I hope to help out more on the forum.
Bob
You're always helpful Bob.  ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom