The best motorhomes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DonTom

I just found this on the web, but I saw no way to link it (I was happy to see my new rig made the list):

"What is the top rated RV manufacturer?

The Top Ten RV Manufacturers Every Shopper Needs To Know

• Coachmen. The Coachmen brand has been putting RVs on the road for over 50 years. ...
  • Entegra. Entegra is focused on providing RV owners with what they want. ...
  • Newmar. ...
  • Winnebago. ...
  • Airstream. ...
  • K-Z RV. ...
  • Keystone. ...
  • Midwest Automotive Designs."

I also found this (The Coachman & Winnebago are the best and the worse???)

Worst Travel Trailer Brands According to Reviews
  • Coachmen. Although the Coachmen RV brand is a subsidiary of the Forest River RV Brand, one of the best RV brands around, their recreational vehicles have received a big number of complaints in the past few years. ...
  • Keystone. ...
  • Winnebago. ...
  • Hurricane. ...
  • Jayco. ...
  • Fleetwood.

Yeah, that tells you a lot about how reliable are those "best" and "worst" lists of __________ (insert your query of choice) that abound on Internet. A lot of them are sponsored or just clickbait.

Who’s opinion makes up these lists? And what expertise or experience do they have with the products? Could they have been hired by the competition to write the article? My wife and I always laugh when we see signs at restaurants claiming to have the best (fill in the blank). Who decided it was the best? :cool:

Yeah, that tells you a lot about how reliable are those "best" and "worst" lists of __________ (insert your query of choice) that abound on Internet. A lot of them are sponsored or just clickbait.
Yep. IMO, there are several words that are rather meaningless without explaining what they mean and "best" is among such. No more than an opinion and we all know what they say about that.

One person's worse is another person's best. I have yet to see a review on anything (of that that which has had many reviews) where there were not several 5's as well as 1's.

-Don- Reno, NV

I have a Georgetown when you need service as it gets older you are in trouble even the company doesn't know how or were they put the components no books. But Winnebago does have them my buddy's unit shows plumbing,electric,everything you need . I left my unit at a Forest River dealer for 3 weeks for a slide problem. They tell me to live with it they don't know how to fix it blew my mind.

What’s worse, a Ford or a Chevy?

The whole premise is ridiculous.

Having been involved in RV travel since the 1970's, I have formed some opinions about good brand names and some not so good, and a vast majority of mediocre ones. I also have learned that there is no RV manufacturer that is so good that they have no unhappy customers, nor are there any that are so bad that they have no happy customers. If you list a brand as really bad or junk, you are sure to get an attack from someone. In most cases a manufacture will have some models that are good quality and some that are poor. Low price is almost a sure thing to be of lower quality but a high price is no guarantee of quality. By far the most valid reviewer of RVs that I have found would be the RV Consumer Group.

myself I refer to how built the unit. not the chassis when cabinets fall apart slides fail or start leaking in first couple of years or customer is so bad they have no idea about your unit or what make it tick. Then they send you off in land of OZ till year is expired.

Having been involved in RV travel since the 1970's, I have formed some opinions about good brand names and some not so good, and a vast majority of mediocre ones. I also have learned that there is no RV manufacturer that is so good that they have no unhappy customers, nor are there any that are so bad that they have no happy customers. If you list a brand as really bad or junk, you are sure to get an attack from someone. In most cases a manufacture will have some models that are good quality and some that are poor. Low price is almost a sure thing to be of lower quality but a high price is no guarantee of quality. By far the most valid reviewer of RVs that I have found would be the RV Consumer Group.
Thanks for that link to RV Con Group

There needs to be a sign at all new rv dealerships that says you must be an electrican, a carpenter, and an auto mechanic before you buy here and drive or tow one mile in a new one. None of the new ones are plug and play toys.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom