The Best RV Book I've ever read

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joe Bee

The new, best and funniest book  about an RV trip is written by Mike Leonard.  "The Ride of Our Lives"  is by the NBC and TODAY reporter.  Since I retired, I read several books weekly.  This is one of the most entertaining reads I had in years.  I stayed up too late last night reading.  At some points, I had to stop because I was laughing too hard and I worried I would wake my wife.  It also comes with a DVD which I haven't watched yet.  If you read one book this holiday season, make it this one.  When I finish, I'll report about the DVD.   
Joe Bee

The reviews I found on this book were not so favorable. Here's one of them:

"Fans of NBC News correspondent Leonard's slice-of-life features for the Today show may enjoy this account of a month-long road trip he took with his parents, now in their 80s. (A DVD of the journey accompanies the book.) But what works on screen doesn't translate to the printed page, and Leonard's attempt to merge a tribute to his parents with greater issues of life and death hits a dead end."

For a really funny classic movie, try National Lampoon's "Vacation", starring Chevy Chase, Beverly D'Angelo, Anthony Michael Hall, Dana Barron, Randy Quaid and Imogene Coca. It's a 1983 film that'll keep you laughing from beginning to end. :D

There were several NL Vacation movies, but I think the funniest was "Christmas Vacation".

Vegas Vacation was pretty good too. I like how the brother in law lives in a trailer on the old nuke test site.

John:

Book reviewers are rarely RVers, so can hardly relate to an RV adventure.  Doubt any of them have ever even been inside one and probably consider anyone who owns one is "trailer trash" anyway.

Besides, I find many books enjoyable that have been panned by so-called reviewers.  Each of us has our own sense of what we like and don't like and I rarely depend on a reviewer to tell me what I should or should not read.  That goes for movies also.  Conversely, I also found that some books the reviewers gave raves actually awful reads.  To each his/her own.

Daisy

The same goes for the movie "RV" with Robin Williams.  DH and I thought it was FUNNY.  Sister and brother-in-law thought it was stupid.  To each his own!!! ;D

Back
Top Bottom