The epitome of capitalism

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CarlGeo said:
...One post references the wealth of the Walton family as if it were a sin, which it is not.  We need many more of those businesses for us to return to the 1950's...

Making lots of money is not a sin, but making lots of money by violating the law, or benefiting from others violating the law is a shame, and those that support the Walmart way of making lots of money are no better than the criminals that run Walmart.

Paul

Perhaps its getting time to go back to discussing RVs?

Jim Johnson said:
Was it something I said?

Of course not, Jimmy.  I have the utmost respect for you (and Tarry).  I just get annoyed when the RV Forum gets bogged down in political discussions best discussed on some other venue than a forum devoted to recreational interests.  We all have our own political views.  I agree with some, I disagree with others, but I do not discuss them here.

Jim Johnson said:
I count 41 posts in this thread and just wondered why mine was the catalyst to shut it down.  Oh, well.
Jim, I don't think yours was the post that caused comment from the Staff.  In fact, I'm sure it wasn't.  I was just getting ready to give both you and CarlGeo a big AMEN.

This thread was never about RVing, and it was easy to see where it would go.  I expected it to be removed as soon as a moderator saw it.  That is why I waited so long to post to it.

Paul

This is the shade tree and we give a bit more leeway here than in the other, more subject specific, boards.  As long as the conversation stays civil we'll generally let it continue.

And I thought it was Henry Ford everyone disliked.  You know how those GM owners are....

FORD.......Found on road dead

FORD.......First on race day

GM...........Goverment money

Just cranking the box

Paul & Ann said:
Making lots of money is not a sin, but making lots of money by violating the law, or benefiting from others violating the law is a shame, and those that support the Walmart way of making lots of money are no better than the criminals that run Walmart.

Paul
I do strongly disagree with this post.  However, I do wish to take this opportunity to wish ya'll the best in this Holiday Season Paul, all the best to you and Ann, hope you are doing well and enjoy the Holidays! Take care my Forum friends! :)

Tin man said:
And I thought it was Henry Ford everyone disliked.  You know how those GM owners are....

FORD.......Found on road dead

FORD.......First on race day

GM...........Goverment money

Just cranking the box

Fix
Or
Repair
Daily

jje1960 said:
I do strongly disagree with this post.  However, I do wish to take this opportunity to wish ya'll the best in this Holiday Season Paul, all the best to you and Ann, hope you are doing well and enjoy the Holidays! Take care my Forum friends! :)

Hopefully, we can disagree, but not be disagreeable.  Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas to you and yours, and I hope someday we can meet and solve the worlds problems in person.

Paul

Tin man said:
Ref. Rebelsun

About sums it up........

I wonder how many people would of kept working if they were told to keep working with out pay at Wallmart, KMart, Target with the promise of a paycheck after the above mentioned  paid there bills?
That's why Walmart received large fines for in Massachusetts, and several other states...forcing people to punch out, and work off the clock.  It violated state and Federal labor laws.

That's also the reason Walmart "voluntarily" closed ALL their stores in Germany several years ago.  Walmart refused to comply with National laws requiring the company to provide employees with a minimum of 6 wks. paid vacation, pensions payments, health insurance mandates, store hours, labor laws, and to be closed on major holidays such as Christmas.

Walmart has been allowed to play by their own rules, for their own benefit...and to hell with it's employees, laws, societal expectations, and anything else that doesn't make them money, which gets spread around the top 1% of the upper echelon of management, and as for the rest of the employees, Marie Antoinette put it best.......LET 'EM EAT CAKE!

W/M is not the only one as many other companies do the same.  It takes an employee to document it and then complain so that the legal system can work.  My youngest daughter was involved with something like this at Target years ago.  My other daughter had a suit and won against Allstate.  In those cases the management at fault were either fired or demoted/

It happens due to management that is being squeezed and are not able to do the right thing.  I had a boss that over the 30+ years he worked for the company cost them more in settlement and legal fees than they paid him in that time.  Why he was never fired, I'll never know but his management was not held accountable for his actions and so it continued.

[quote author=rebelsun]
That's also the reason Walmart "voluntarily" closed ALL their stores in Germany several years ago.  Walmart refused to comply with National laws requiring the company to provide employees with a minimum of 6 wks. paid vacation, pensions payments, health insurance mandates, store hours, labor laws, and to be closed on major holidays such as Christmas.[/quote]
I haven't researched to see if this statement is fact or fiction, but Holy Crap, how could WM NOT decide that they were in the wrong environment with those restrictions on a low margin retail operation.

Why is it so many folks resent success?  Long Live Walmart.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom