The proper storage of tires ( NOT)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darsben

Central NY in summer beautiful Casa Grande AZ in w
These are pictures of how a major tire distributor in Arizona stores his large MHome and 18 wheeler tires, they have been outside quite a while now maybe 6 months . You may get these from your retailer.

Attachments

• IMG_20240402_093137399.jpg
    IMG_20240402_093137399.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20240402_093504128.jpg
    IMG_20240402_093504128.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20240402_093457960.jpg
    IMG_20240402_093457960.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I would think they would at least put up an open shed to keep them out of the direct sun and whatever rain they might get. I think a lot would depend on how fast they turn their inventory around as well.

The point is that your dealer will Tell you how the distributor keeps them so nice that a year old tire is nothing to worry about. Know we know it ain't always true
As soon as you said, "The point is that your dealer" and didn't need to know anything more - let the buyer beware!

Thanks @darsben!

There is a Southern Tire Mart store near me that stores their inventory the same way.
But, how many RVs get new tires then drive right to the storage yard to be stored outdoors for months on end to only be driven once or twice a year.
None of it makes much sense to me.

A distributor or retail dealer may sell enough tires weekly that the storage method is irrelevant. After all, they don't want merchandise just sitting around either - it costs them too many extra $$. But sometimes their sales forecast goes wrong and they end up with tires sitting around for months rather than days, so the buyer still should exercise some care.

But how are they stored at the distributor. My picture is of a distribution facility
Pictured store is not a distribution facility. This store is located in area ideal for selling & installing large trucks and motorhome tires, which the store inventory supports. This company also shares tires with other stores.

Back
Top Bottom