The weekend started good...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I am now in debt for...forever. I can't figure out whether I'm happy (it's a beautiful truck), sad (I was not ready yet), or somewhere in between. But whatever, here is the new beast. And it is a beast.

2019 XLT, XLT premium package, 8" screen with nav, and a few other goodies. Beautiful, but damn...so much for any hope of an early retirement!

Attachments

• DSC_3627 (Medium).jpeg
    DSC_3627 (Medium).jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC_3625 (Medium).jpeg
    DSC_3625 (Medium).jpeg
    195.9 KB · Views: 24
But your signature says you are already retired.

Do you know the build date on the 2011?  The valve issue was fixed on trucks built after 3/39/2011.  Since Ford knows that they had a problem, they should have replaced the engine on their dime.

I guess that you traded the 2011 as is and hopefully the dealer was fair with you.

lynnmor said:
But your signature says you are already retired.

Do you know the build date on the 2011?  The valve issue was fixed on trucks built after 3/39/2011.  Since Ford knows that they had a problem, they should have replaced the engine on their dime.

I guess that you traded the 2011 as is and hopefully the dealer was fair with you.

Retired from the Air Force.  I was only 40 years old then.  I have to still work.  The AF retired pay is nice to have, but I sure couldn't live off of it.

The build was May 2011.  I'd heard also any issues like this were fixed after that initial build.  But apparently not.  I did trade it, and given what it is, I think I got as good as I was going to get.  It is still killing me to do this, but all things considered, I think I went the best way for me.

I'm a true blue Ford guy but after having a truck suck two valves on me I think I'd be looking at a GMC or Dodge.

We had a VW waterboxer van that blew two engines within it's first 20,000 miles.  Last VW we ever bought.

The 2019s are nice though!

edjunior said:
I can't figure out whether I'm happy (it's a beautiful truck), sad (I was not ready yet), or somewhere in between.
Since the decision making time has passed, might as well accept it as a fact and scrap the negative feelings, embrace the excitement! Enjoy your new toy! (And I'm sorry it wasn't the quick easy cheap fix I hoped it was)

8Muddypaws said:
I'm a true blue Ford guy but after having a truck suck two valves on me I think I'd be looking at a GMC or Dodge.

We had a VW waterboxer van that blew two engines within it's first 20,000 miles.  Last VW we ever bought.

The 2019s are nice though!
Nice looking truck Ed and I hope all of the problems are behind you now but I'm with Muddy - not sure I would have gone back to the same brand. We're on our 3rd Subaru (a 2014 Legacy 2.5L 4 cyl) and we love the car but I'm fed up with the way Subaru is handling an "oil consumption" problem (Google it if you're bored!). Their solution is basically "just change the oil more often and add oil between changes if you need to". That's BS if you ask me. When we're ready to trade, I will push Kim to look at other brands. There are lots of choices for all wheel drive sedans these days!

It amazes me the commitment people make to stay with Ford. This is coming from a former Ford guy. All I ever bought. Would never run anything but a Cummins now. I know a guy that pulls campers with a 04 that just turned 900k miles. Friend is pushing 500k on his hauling. He has had an 12 and 16 Ford that motor needed major work around 100k Miles. We run a fleet of Ford's at work. So I speak from experience.

I made a decision to buy my first Ford based on the government bailout of the other brands.  There are moral issues that I consider more important than just the design of the truck.

lynnmor said:
I made a decision to buy my first Ford based on the government bailout of the other brands.  There are moral issues that I consider more important than just the design of the truck.
Better check those morsls because some are saying BS
Did they get this:

https://www.chevyhardcore.com/news/editorial-did-ford-take-bailout-money-too-yes-they-did/

Ford also got a bailout back in the 70's. They had a huge problem with their vehicles falling out of park and into reverse on their own resulting in deaths and many injuries.

Because the cost to properly repair so many vehicles would have bankrupted them Reagan ruled that they did not have to do a repair and what they came up with was a warning sticker to go on the dashboard or the sun visor. If you go look at some Vehicles in junk yards from that era you may see them.

Back
Top Bottom