This generator??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Tom. I'll practice. I know more about mechanics than computers. LOL This is a great site and I hope I can assist someone along the way.

Wow, did someone quote a Robert Service poem? "A promise made is a debt unpaid, and the trail has its own stern code..."
nice work,
Zach

The poem reminds me of some of the RV stories I have heard. LOL

"Now a promise made is a debt unpaid, and the trail has its own stern code.
In the days to come, though my lips were dumb, in my heart how I cursed that load.
In the long, long night, by the lone firelight, while the huskies, round in a ring,
Howled out their woes to the homeless snows -- O God! how I loathed the thing."

May write it into a parody of an RV trip.

So, is it okay to run a generator inside it's storage area? Would leaving the door open to the compartment give it enough ventilation?
thanks,
Zach

Zack the reason I built the box for my portable was because they hold too much heat in a confined area. Overheating will damage not only the engine but the head also. With a nice vent grill and a high volume fan or two for ventilation you might be able to do so? Opening the compartment door won't do the job. If it was rigged to a slide out tray it might work but you still have the noise. A muffler upgrade and a slide out tray might fit the bill.

Use some type of rubber vibration dampener between the tray and the floor of the compartment. You will only be able to quite down the B&S or Tecumseh exhaust. The engine noise will still be loud.

Give me the dimensions of your gen unit and the gen compartment and I will rough out a design for a slide out tray. I think you could have one built with less than a 1 inch profile. A picture of the compartment with the door open would help.

If you want to go with fans? You will need two low profile radiator fans 12V and mount one flush on the inside of the compartment door (exhaust) and the other to the back or side of the compartment (intake) to pull the air in.

Back
Top Bottom